Search results

1. Jason1

Weil Mclain Boiler disable one zone temorarily

Hello all, I have a weil mclain gas boiler with 4 zones and I want to temporarily disable one zone by cutting power to the thermostat by disconnecting the yellow wire from the zone valve that's connected to the red wire from the thermostat. I will cap off the yellow wire with a wire nut so it...
  2. Jason1

Stuck Expansion Tank and Honeywell Supervent Plug Washer

Would any circle cutter work on that rubber sheet to make a round gasket or is there a better tool to use?
  3. Jason1

Thank you John. There is no washer replacement available from honeywell. I'll have to buy a new unit if it leaks.
  4. Jason1

I would use rubber safe thread sealant.
  5. Jason1

Hello all, What should have been a 5 minute job turned into a multi-hour war getting the stuck expansion tank nipple out of the Honeywell Supervent Plug. https://www.supplyhouse.com/Resideo-PV125-1-1-4-NPT-Supervent-Air-Eliminator When I tried to remove the expansion tank from my boiler it was...
  6. Jason1

Boiler Low Water Cut-Off while draining

Hello all, I have a RB-122E, GuardDog Electronic, 120V Low Water Cut-Off device on my Weil Mclain boiler: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Mcdonnell-Miller-144676-RB-122E-GuardDog-Electronic-120V-Low-Water-Cut-Off-Water and I'm about to do some maintenance (replace expansion tank, etc...) so I'll...
  7. Jason1

Replace Pressure Reducing valve and Backflow Preventer Weil Mclain CGA

Thank you John, I plan on opening the valve that feeds the heating zones last so that any air that entered the system during the job exits through the air eliminator on top of the expansion tank located before the valve...
  8. Jason1

Thank you all again. Wow! Big Boiler! Can anyone answer my question regarding setting the cold pressure after replacing the prv and expansion tank. I have a fairly simple system and the answer seems obvious. But I'm just asking to make sure. The tridicator reads the pressure when the water...
  9. Jason1

After I replace the prv and expansion tank, to reset the cold pressure in the boiler my understanding is I need to open the boiler drain and the valve feeding water to the boiler while watching the tridicator and then manipulate the auto feed lever on the prv to increase the pressure until it is...
  10. Jason1

Also, what psi should the expansion tank be set at. Should it be left at the factory pre-charge of 12 psi or set to the working pressure of the boiler. For example, when the heat is on the psi is 18. So should the expansion tank be set at 18 psi before installation. Thanks. Or if you're...
  11. Jason1

I'll use the same size and model expansion tank from my local plumbing supply store. I plan on shutting off the 1. valve for water in to the boiler, 2. valve from the boiler to the zones, and 3. return valve before I remove the existing expansion tank. Do I need to lower the boiler pressure...
  12. Jason1

Thank you all. For a 2 story home with 4 zones should the pre-charge 12 psi be enough on the pressure reducing valve and the expansion tank to adequately circulate water, or will I have to increase the pressure by 3-4 psi on both the prv and the expansion tank? To increase the cold pressure on...
  13. Jason1

Yes, the expansion tank is higher than the prv and can be isolated with its own shutoff valve. I'm thinking its better to replace the expansion tank because of its age - 10 years. Since I'm already working on the machine, might as well do a complete job. I'll feel like a fool if I replace the...
  14. Jason1

Thank you John, Will any type of bicycle pump work for checking pressure and increasing pressure on an expansion tank. For example: https://www.target.com/p/franklin-sports-ball-maintenance-kit/-/A-12945154 My boiler has an air eliminator at the top of the expansion tank with a bleeder cap...
  15. Jason1

Hello all, I have a Weil Mclain Gold CGa boiler that is about ten years old and the backflow preventer let out some water. The pressure reducing valve has green deposits at the bottom of the brass union nut which has developed a small leak. It's a Bell and Gosett 1/2" pressure reducing valve...
  16. Jason1

Water Heater soldering questions

Thanks guys. Any reason not to use a brass compression union (lead-free) on 3/4" water heater copper pipe? https://www.ferguson.com/product/proflo-78-x-78-in-od-tube-brass-compression-union-pfxcu78n/_/R-5050925 The gas lines are too close for my taste, I don't feel comfortable soldering next...
  17. Jason1

I hear you John, too much analysis. For you guys in the trade, how common are torch flare-ups? I just don't want to end up doing something stupid and getting hurt because I didn't follow a basic safety protocol that you pros are all familiar with.
  18. Jason1

Thank you guys, excellent tips. For the venting the pitch should be at least 1/4" so the exhaust fumes can travel up and out, and for the gas line flex is the way to go for most homeowners and diy'ers. Are there any safety tips and instructions that a beginner should be aware of to avoid burns...
  19. Jason1

Mapp and map/pro are different gases. Map/pro is what you can buy now, not as hot as the original Mapp: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAPP_gas
  20. Jason1

Mapp isn't available anymore, it's propane or map/pro at the box stores.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks