Search results

1. JohnnyAustin

Is this tub drain assembly allowed?

Thanks! It's a tub with a built-in overflow, so my thought is to replace the drain with a vertical run into a p-trap then into a shielded furnco to the copper line... this would eliminate the horizontal zig zag... any issue with that approach?
  2. JohnnyAustin

Is this tub drain assembly allowed?

My mother-in-law has a rental property that reported having a super slow leak coming from the bathroom drain into the basement. All of the plumbing has access from the basement with ease. I can see the gasket between the tub is starting to fail, no problem. But is this setup of plumbing allowed...
  3. JohnnyAustin

Vent and Drain Relocating Help

Right when I flush, it's like air bubbles racing to come out the bowl and it then sputters the waste water. Then it goes down. Every few flushes, the bowl water will be left lower than usual. I know for a fact there is no clog. And every other plumbing fixture works perfectly. Software is just...
  4. JohnnyAustin

Before - Current - Proposed
  5. JohnnyAustin

Yes it is. But nothing about that setup (from the '60s) changed. It was a new toilet... could the toilet be the cause? Like a bad toilet?
  6. JohnnyAustin

Thanks for the feedback.... I cleaned up the pics and that one 1.5" was incorrect.
  7. JohnnyAustin

My first ever go at an isometric.
  8. JohnnyAustin

Toilet only gurgles when flushed. I did run the horizontal vent in the joist about 8 inches. whoops
  9. JohnnyAustin

Hopefully my final question: Before I begin the plumbing changes on my bathroom, I have a a singular issue with the bathroom on the adjacent wall that I fully remodeled last year. In that bathroom, the toilet was untouched. The shower drain was moved several inches. The only real 'change' was...
  10. JohnnyAustin

Another question, the green line outside of the bathroom is the horizontal vent line. So would it be ok for the vent to go vertical all the way into the attic and then go horizontal to connect to the stack vent (red) versus connecting in the stud walls? Seems like a lot less drilling and tight...
  11. JohnnyAustin

Thank you for the detailed response! It is very close to what I was thinking but I wanted to be sure! I greatly appreciate it!
  12. JohnnyAustin

Great question. Looking at the pictures, the joists run left to right and are 2x10s
  13. JohnnyAustin

I want to rearrange our guest bathroom. The layout makes the room feel tight. I've attached a diagram showing the current plumbing and layout and the proposed layout. I'd ideally want to remove the wall that the tub vent rises through to open up the bathroom. I'm not restricted by any of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks