Search results

1. OldAtHeart

Help with Fleck 9000 setup!

Hopefully the final update - I received the new brine pickup tube and installed it yesterday with the check valve being at the bottom of the brine well and let it run through a cycle and now the water level is about 6” lower than it was before (and is now about 16” from the top of the tank)...
  2. OldAtHeart

I think you are right. Looks like I can order just that part and not the whole valve, and it’s a cheap part, so I’ll do that and set it on the bottom or very close and cut it to that size and see how it goes. Thanks again!
  3. OldAtHeart

Another update after watching it go through a full cycle this morning: - Before it started, the water level in the brine tank was about 25” high (15” from the top of the tank) - I watched the brine draw and verified that it is indeed sucking up all of the brine down to the float at the bottom...
  4. OldAtHeart

Oops sorry - yes, it was the other way around (the level in the brine well was a few inches higher than the level in the tank). I just edited my previous post to correct that. I have an 18 inch x 40 inch round tank. So it sounds like this brine level is certainly too high, especially since I...
  5. OldAtHeart

Just measured and the brine goes up to about 15” from the top of the tank. Since it’s a 18x40 tank that means it is 25” high. And I am pretty sure it only stopped because it triggered the float switch. (And the brine well level is a few inches higher than the brine tank water level). The head...
  6. OldAtHeart

Quick update - I got the grid plate and installed it last weekend but it seems like the water level is still about the same as it was before (which doesn’t make much sense to me). It seems to have gone high enough to trigger the float switch to stop it. The float switch is fairly high up. How...
  7. OldAtHeart

I wasn’t clear in my previous post, but this is for my other location which has the bigger 13” tanks with 2.5cu ft of resin. In that case it seems like @Bannerman ’s suggestion of the brine grid plate on the bottom is probably the way to go?
  8. OldAtHeart

Great idea! Wish I would have thought to do that before filling the tank up with salt, now I’ll have to scoop it all out again, but this should help keep the water down to a manageable height. Thanks!
  9. OldAtHeart

Just realized that putting 7 gallons of water into my brine tank causes the water level to end up being pretty high (maybe 3/4 of the way to the top?). I have a 18x40 brine tank. This means I have to make sure to keep the salt level close to full or it will drop below the water line after a...
  10. OldAtHeart

Will do - thanks again for all of the help!
  11. OldAtHeart

Hopefully my last post about this - I believe I have finally dialed in the settings for my two locations, and would appreciate one last sanity check: Location 1: Tank Size: 13x54 Resin: 2.5 cu ft per tank Water Hardness: 15 grains (increasing to 18 grains for calculations below for a 20%...
  12. OldAtHeart

Ok, thanks for the feedback. Sounds like both of you think the #1 injector is better so I’ll go with that. May I ask why the #1 injector says it’s for 8-10” tanks and the #2 injector says it’s for 12” tanks then? That’s the part that is confusing me now… (Edit: just realized - is it because...
  13. OldAtHeart

So if I wanted to go with the #2 injector, what settings would I need to use? Using the assumptions below: Tank size: 12” Resin: 2 cu ft each (2 tanks) Water hardness: 18 grains (really 15, but added margin) Salt usage: 10lbs / cu ft Injector: 2 / 3.5 gpm BLFC: 0.5 gpm / 1.5lb salt per min...
  14. OldAtHeart

Hm, so with my current injector 1, the settings that @Bannerman suggested wouldn’t have nearly a long enough brine+rinse cycle?
  15. OldAtHeart

Thanks again. So if I wanted to go with 10lbs/ft3 salt for slightly better water quality, and wanted to build in some buffer to my water hardness and go with 18 grains, that would be 20lbs salt for 52,000 grains. So 52,000 / 18 = 2888 gallons? And to dissolve 20lbs of salt would need 6.67...
  16. OldAtHeart

Thanks for the reply. Still trying to wrap my head around all of this, but does the following make sense? This is my current setup. Wondering if I need to change anything. Tank size: 12” Resin: 2 cu ft each (2 tanks) Water hardness: 15 grains Injector: 1 BLFC: 0.5 gpm / 1.5lb salt per min Meter...
  17. OldAtHeart

Quick update and question: I finally got a replacement Fleck 9000 with the 1” meter and installed it tonight at my second location. This location has 12” tanks and I noticed the injector says “1”. I believe I need the “2” injector for my size tanks? How difficult is it to swap this out, and is...
  18. OldAtHeart

Thanks again for all of the helpful info. I am not expecting this soft water to be spotless - we have a separate RO system that passes the soft water through a membrane to produce our Spot Free water. But in general the soft water helps make the soap foam better, prevents fittings from...
  19. OldAtHeart

Thank you again - amazed by the level of knowledge here! I will give this a try when I am there in the morning. To make sure I understand, I would increase the last set of holes from 3 to 7, and then increase the gallon wheel from 20 to 33. And I would also have to manually add another 4...
  20. OldAtHeart

The one I posted the dial picture of actually does have 0.5 GPM. Here is a photo of it. So if I change it to 7 holes for brine fill, would I also need to adjust the gallon wheel on the front?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks