Search results

1. Dave dyi

Where can I run my TPR valve drain pipe

Yes in CA. I did put in a pan. I was searching lots of sites (again I'm a dyi'er not in the trades) and found the IPC which says if replacing a WH a pan is required but a pan Drain is not if one wasn't previously installed. So many different codes, so doing the best I can to do it right. So...
  2. Dave dyi

Yes, I ran the T&P to the sink as you said, Thank you again Tuttle. I was talking about trying to run a WH pan drain pipe to the outside (there wasn't a pan under the old WH, so no drain pipe and no floor drain) Just trying to figure out what to use on the end of the outside pipe that will...
  3. Dave dyi

Jeff, you're right about the thoughtless build (from 1979). I just got around to replacing the WH that was here when I bought the place and am lucky it didn't fail in many ways. The WH was sitting on a cinder block and I always wondered why someone would do that. Found out when I replaced it-...
  4. Dave dyi

Well that will make my life much easier. Just want to clarify, So should I stop the downward pipe just above or at the sink rim level or should I go further down in to the sink to meet the requirements of; "Equal to the size of the valve outlet and shall discharge full size to the flood level...
  5. Dave dyi

Yes the sink is next to WH. The sink would be a great place to put it however as I read the code (as a dyi'er) the flood level of the sink is 34" (the rim) and the air gap must be above the flood level and the maximum height above the floor is 24" so the sink wouldn't work. I thought I could...
  6. Dave dyi

I just replaced my electric water heater in the indoor laundry room. The old & new WH have a top TPR valve. The WH is in a corner with the left side and back up against a wall. The original WH had the TPR valve drain pipe run through the wall in to the unheated garage and then through the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks