Search results

1. Spacoli

Old well questions

All pressure read the same. Something is not strong enough is get to 50#???
  2. Spacoli

Old well questions

Yes, they are pex vent pipes. I didn’t have enough white to run in the crawlspace. So I had to use what had at I had at the time. So I manually held the pressure switch contacts over to see if it would build more pressure and it wouldn’t. So I’m guessing the ejector Venturi isn’t working right...
  3. Spacoli

Old well questions

I got it up and running. I have one problem. Something is up with the cut off pressure? I have a brand new 30/50 switch. It turns on at 30 and cuts of at 40 according to the pressure gauge. So I installed the old switch and it does the same thing. Is the gauge off or bad? Any thoughts on this?
  4. Spacoli

Old well questions

This is how the previous owner had it set up. Coming off the top with a valve and down to the tank. I’m getting ready to re- plumb and finalized the installation. I received my new well cap yesterday. There is a vent hole in it. Should I vent or not? I was thinking this would be for adding...
  5. Spacoli

Old well questions

So I should keep the line 1” then? Thanks
  6. Spacoli

Old well questions

So I closed the ball valve to build up pressure for the ejector and it seems like I’m getting at least 5 gallons a minute. I’m guessing the 1” line feeding the pressure tank should be 3/4”? This should help my cause with back pressure.
  7. Spacoli

Old well questions

Great information. Thank you. I’ll update my progress.
  8. Spacoli

Old well questions

Finally got around to dropping the cleaned up ejector and new well pipe down the well. I just set up temporary pump to flush out the well. You can see from the pictures what it looked like I no the beginning and what I’m get now. I dropped the foot valve down 70’ ( bottom of well is 80’)...
  9. Spacoli

Old well questions

Thank you. Yes I have pulled and cleaned the ejector. It was terribly rusty, clogged and a lot of build up all over it. I have it ready to put back together my next trip to the cabin. I'm sure this will fix the pressure problem. My next concern is the condition of the well and water itself as...
  10. Spacoli

Old well questions

Thank you for all the input. It's only 2' down t's not below frost level (36" in my area). We would like to use it in the winter. Your suggestion is what will be done in the future. It's only 10' from the cabin, so minimal digging. Right now I just want to get it up and running.
  11. Spacoli

Old well questions

5 1/2" ID casing. It sounds like a great idea, but very messy and smelly. Thanks
  12. Spacoli

Old well questions

So I pulled the well piping and here is what I found. The well is 80' deep from the top of the casing. I have standing water at 7'. The foot valve and ejector were at 32'. I haven't taken it apart yet, but I'm sure the ejector is clogged. I seen debris at the end of the pipe that I cut. The...
  13. Spacoli

Old well questions

Thanks for your reply. I don't know the depth of the well or the water level yet?
  14. Spacoli

Old well questions

I bought a cabin that had a buried wellhead. The cabin and well have set dormant for over 10 years. The well sits next to a river (75'-100' from the river bank). It's a two-line system and it will only pressure up to 25-30 lbs and of course, the pump won't shut off. I'm thinking of a clogged...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks