Search results

1. TucsonTerry

Strainer Drain - Cross Threaded

Fitter30: Thanks for the idea of a strap wrench! We tried the needle nose and hammer, but with the sink still installed in the counter we were unsuccessful. Plan to pull the sink out of the counter to try again tomorrow. BTW Kohler reps told me some versions of the drain are brass with an...
  2. TucsonTerry

Thanks, Tuttles Revenge. It's a stainless steel sink (brand new & expensive because of the non-standard size). I'll look into borrowing a Dremel. Do you have experience using one to go through steel? Any idea what kind of disk I'll need or whether the job will require a something like a 6-pack...
  3. TucsonTerry

I usually DIY, but after spending close to $1,000 on a new sink & fixtures I decided to hire a professional to install them. Unfortunately, he cross threaded the steel retaining nuts on two Kohler Duostrainers K-8799-VS. Then, he overtightened the screws, bending the nuts themselves. The nuts...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks