Search results

1. Kr8peace

50-180 PSI in corroded muni water pipe, what is the solution?

Yes I think the line is too long to ream it and surprised nobody has invented a long one for this yet, but I guess it has more risks of rupturing. If the shallow well pump with 12 gallon tank doesn't suffice I will go this route, maybe just using a 55 gallon drum. I just hope the well pump...
  2. Kr8peace

I see these in a well situation like your drawing shows. On my muni water supply corroded down to a pencil: 1) any specific type of float valve that could only fail closed? Concerned about it overflowing the non-pressure tank if it fails, having constant pressure. Prefer a non-mechanical float...
  3. Kr8peace

How small could the cistern tank be, a single shower or 2x? Would the 12 gallon shallow well tank/pump I already have be useful in this scenario? Assume the Sidekick makes similar clicking noises but I like your idea of an in-tank pump for quieter. Could a tank be small enough to put in the...
  4. Kr8peace

Muni water supply in small CO mountain town is about 50 PSI now, in winter. It will rise to 180 PSI spikes a lot with spring melt and continue until fall when it again slowly diminishes. Installed a pressure reducer to save fixtures. The incoming 3/4 galvanized pipe is also corroded so volume is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks