Search results

1. Seiyafan

What water supply flow rates should I maintain for my home

For threaded connections I like to use blue monster tape (3-4 turns) with megaloc dope.
  2. Seiyafan

Is there code for flow rate at certain psi?

House was built in 1987, water main is 3/4'' copper.
  3. Seiyafan

Is there code for flow rate at certain psi?

My house runs on city water at 50 psi static. I notice that when the water usage is at 4-5 gpm, the pressure coming in at my house (there is a pressure gauge at the water main) drops to about 30-35 psi, at 6 gpm it's at 20 psi, and 8 gpm is the max. Is there a code or recommendation that at what...
  4. Seiyafan

Indirect Water Heater Can't Keep Up

Next time the boiler fires up, feel the pipe going into the water heat and coming out, there should be some temperature difference, otherwise it means the boiler is able to produce the heat needed but very little is being transferred to heat the water.
  5. Seiyafan

Normal to have great pressure drop from a full-flow faucet?

I see, I usually use tables from this page: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/pressure-loss-copper-pipes-d_930.html Everything is copper in my case.
  6. Seiyafan

Valve is fully open, no PRV and filter in the path, I didn't check the valve at the curb but the town people did touch it in the spring when I had the main valve replaced, so I presume they would open it fully. The pressure gauge was added last week when I completed this project so no work was...
  7. Seiyafan

Recently I did some major pipe work with home plumbing and I noticed that when I open the outdoor faucet (it's a full-flow 3/4'' port), the pressure at the water main (I installed a pressure gauge right at where the city water comes in to my house through 3/4'' pipe) drops to 6 psi. Normal...
  8. Seiyafan

Big blue filter leaking slowly

It could be the gases that were dissolve in the water escaped somehow.
  9. Seiyafan

Pressure loss was 4.5 psi in the last 9 hours, basically 1 psi drop every 2 hours. All joints are visibly dry, filter housing and sump are also dry, there's no sign of water leak. Can this condition be safe to move on?
  10. Seiyafan

It lost only 1 psi in the last 20 minutes, looking better now.
  11. Seiyafan

Yep, it's the real one, has Pentek sticker on it. I tightened the sump with a wrench a bit more, closed valves on both the inlet and outlet and observed the pressure gauge, it's still moving down but very slowly, like 1 psi drop every minute.
  12. Seiyafan

I installed a big blue filter today and I was having problem with water leaking between the housing and the sump. I also bought a spare one just in case so I tried it but it too had leak. The leak was a small stream after I hand tightened the sump, then it slowed to a drop after I tightened more...
  13. Seiyafan

Copper ProPress Slow Drip

Once I bought a Viega fitting from Supplyhouse with a fifth of the O-ring missing. Luckily I checked before doing the press, so the worst damage was only time delay for the project.
  14. Seiyafan

M12 forcelogic(propress)?

Just pressed a couple of 1'' connections with the M12, it's a walk in the park, perfect for residential applications.
  15. Seiyafan

Main shutoff install

Just a high quality ball valve would do.
  16. Seiyafan

Water filter compare

It depends on the flow rate, if it's less than 8 GPM then the difference between 3/4'' and 1'' is negligible.
  17. Seiyafan

Water filter compare

They have similar pressure drop. To go lower you need to look into 1'' in/out units.
  18. Seiyafan

Water filter compare

Do you have the name of the filters?
  19. Seiyafan

Is there 1'' NPSM to 1'' NPT coupling?

I need to connect one end of Phyn Plus (1'' NPSM male thread) to a 1'' pipe (either MPT or FPT would work). Does such coupling exist? Water meter coupling is usually 1'' NPSM to 3/4'' NPT, I could use that with a 3/4'' to 1'' adapter, but I wonder if this can be done with a single coupling. Thanks!
  20. Seiyafan

Low water flow in anti frost outdoor faucet

if you look at the cutaway view, anti-frost faucet is like a pipe within a pipe, so the flow will be restricted. If you can install a ball valve you can replace it with a regular faucet.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks