Search results

1. Medusa569

Worried About Compromised PVC HVAC Risers

OK.. one shot is the full view of their installations both copper and pvc. The other is the warped section where you can see some blister and the shadowing of further warping from the heat.
  2. Medusa569

Worried About Compromised PVC HVAC Risers

A few motnhs back our condo had the HVAC risrs replaced due to age. Thei installed PVC ad copple pipes. During one of the PVC installations evidentlly they somehow had their torch aimed mistakenly aimed towards a pvc pipe ( unprotected from heat) as I smelled the bnoxious door of heated pvc...
  3. Medusa569

Terry Love- cancer update

Oh....I am so sorry to hear of Terry's illness! I've been gone from the forum for some time and it's such a shack to see a lively man stircken in this manner. Tell Terry is is loved and remembered by so many. His existance on this plane impacted so many and wishes for a painless transtion is...
  4. Medusa569

Tilted toilet.. to replace or not replace.. that is the Question!!

You CAN get away with an uneven floor ( and it's not yours) . My friend has s condo that surprisingly has uneven tile floor so when the toilet was pulled it was very noticeable when trying to reseat a new gasket . I went with the ( god bless em ) more current flexible double funnel type gasket...
  5. Medusa569

Tilted toilet.. to replace or not replace.. that is the Question!!

when it comes to landlords and they are unresponsive file a complaint with the local rental oversight department. Sadly a lot of landlords need a litigious or municipal threat to get the job done.
  6. Medusa569

Antiseize on water feed nut

I qualify as one of those that fears overtightening. Plus this is a left situated valve with 4-5 inches from the wall to work and I'm a righty. The last installer did it too tight IMO so the old hose sits and thankfully not leaking anymore. I did a blast of rust treatment and that dealt with...
  7. Medusa569

The corrosion is green. But I'll be changing it. Since a "professional" installed it I wouldn't have expected corrosion so quickly. I thought the metal part would take longer to start to disintegrate.
  8. Medusa569

I wanted to make sure which was the better option as usually pipe dope of teflon tape is used for most my metal connections...but after seeing the corrosion so soon I'm thinking forward.
  9. Medusa569

The standard braided line with metal nut to cutoff and plastic nut to fill valve. Looking only to treat the metal nut to valve.
  10. Medusa569

I'm switching out the toilet water feed and I see some beginnings of corrosion on the lower nut . It was only installed 2 years ago...to protect the newer piece can antiseize lubricant be used to deter corrosion?
  11. Medusa569

Old American Standard bowl /which gasket?

Yea but it makes no sense why they even made a freaking dip...what purpose does it serve??? So for this because of the dip is a spud gasket better than the t-t gasket? From the looks to be a taller gasket would be preferable for a more funnel effect and do the seal. Some don't have any funnel...
  12. Medusa569

Old American Standard bowl /which gasket?

I have an old American Standard toilet. Upon closer inspection as I'm changing out some parts I observe that some moron at AS made a downsloping indentation in the back where the water channel is. Why on earth would they make a vulnerable area more problematic. Not5 just any gasket will...
  13. Medusa569

Duravit Metro Toilet

Duravit - metro lousy toilet! I was helping a friend with his new condo that has the Duravit Tribeca installed. This was my first experience with a low flow toilet and sorry to say I was frustrated to high heaven with its performance. Almost all of the time when it had to handle solid waste...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks