Search results

1. cdn97986

Pressure tank problem?

Thanks for the additional info on CSV, it's clear to me technically the tank requirements for the CSV. I lose power at my home several times a year, some times for a couple of days, so having a few gallons of water in reserve for these situations is a must for me. So I would want probably at...
  2. cdn97986

Pressure tank problem?

The mystery is how my pump has survived this long with an undersized tank and short cycle times. From all I have read, this should have killed it long ago. We don't use a ton of water, maybe I'm just lucky?
  3. cdn97986

Pressure tank problem?

Thanks for everyone's replies, learning a lot here. That said, I still do not have a definitive answer as to why my pump is filling my 20 gal pressure tank w/ a 6.2 gal drawdown in 26 seconds. I tinkered with the pressure switch, and the tube is clear, and it responds to adjustments as it should...
  4. cdn97986

Pressure tank problem?

Sorry...the 28 psi is a typo, the pump is kicking on at 30 psi as it is supposed to. Getting my tank and kick-on pressures mixed up. Interesting comment on the water softener, I do not have one currently, but there was one that I removed years ago that came with the house that was not...
  5. cdn97986

Pressure tank problem?

It sounds like you have a new pump and tank, along with a CSV. How large of tank did you get? I've read about the CSVs, and sounds like a small tank is all that is needed since only needs a gallon or so reserve by how it keeps constant pressure for the differing system demands. Is your new pump...
  6. cdn97986

Pressure tank problem?

Interesting...after replacing the check valve by the tank (which looked original), I would get a momentary drop in the water pressure maybe 1 in 10 times when the pump would cycle on. Originally thought my new valve was sticking, but your experience makes we wonder if there is some leakdown at...
  7. cdn97986

Pressure tank problem?

I have not touched the PS yet, it seems to be doing the job from what I can see. Kicks on at 28 psi on the gauge, and off at 50 psi. I should have mentioned the pressure gauge on the T is new, I swapped that out when I replaced the check valve because the old one was pretty crusty. I have not...
  8. cdn97986

Pressure tank problem?

I have tested the tank air pressure when the system is pressurized with water, and that value matches up pretty well with the pressure on the water pressure gauge. I was wondering if there could be some accumulated sediment on the bottom of the tank that could be the reason from the lower...
  9. cdn97986

Pressure tank problem?

During a recent power outage, I lost water pressure in the house very quickly, which never had been an issue before. Diagnosed as a bad check valve off of the T, replaced the valve, and that issue was resolved. I've lived in this house for 10+ years, and the well system had been 100%...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks