Search results

1. wenw80

Hot water in cold pipes (Recirc pump with dedicated return line)

The sinks all have non-mix faucets, so I don’t think those are issue, the issue is the showers, and the problem is the pipes are not exposed for me to feel them. Is there a way to plug up the holes in the valve to eliminate the possibility of a crossover at these showers? I have replaced the...
  2. wenw80

Breplum’s test is the only reason I still think it could be a cross over, because shutting off the cold inlet to WH, cold water comes out of the hot faucets after a while... anyone have any good ideas on how to eliminate possible cross over points? (Showers with no shutoff valves)
  3. wenw80

Thanks, is there a way to determine if it’s the cold water heat trap that’s faulty or a crossover? If there’s a crossover, would the cold intake pipe still get hot? Or does that only indicate a heat trap issue where hot water from the heater is being pushed up the cold water inlet?
  4. wenw80

Also, some have suggested that a recirculation system typically do not have heat traps at the cold inlet, is this true? What's the reasoning behind that?
  5. wenw80

Thanks for the info! Are there good ways to test if either of the check valves? (1. the one on the return line at the bottom, 2. cold water inlet heat trap)?
  6. wenw80

There does seem to be a check valve at the return between the pump and the water heater. Attached are a couple of pics. I have turned off the cold water inlet to the WH, hot side flow has been decreasing, though after a few minutes it’s still flowing, at first warm water, now the flow is cold...
  7. wenw80

Hi all, problem: for the last 6 months or so I have started to notice an issue in my plumbing where I would get hot water in the cold pipes. Most severe at the sink right above the water heater and in the kitchen (likely the end of the line). setup: I have recirc pump hooked up to the water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks