Search results

1. Jrv

Setting Fan Speed

ok , thank you
  2. Jrv

Setting Fan Speed

Thank you for the reply. Then maybe Im not understanding this correctly. When the furnace was installed they adjusted the first and second stage speeds. AC is having trouble cooing the house so they are coming back to adjust the blower speeds. I asked if they could just set both stages at their...
  3. Jrv

Setting Fan Speed

It’s a new install and the company is trying to tweak the speeds a little bit and I just am curious how you know what fan speed is too high that it starts causing problems. My first stage right now it’s just a little bit on the low side and I want to bump it up to the next setting
  4. Jrv

Setting Fan Speed

Got a new variable speed 2 stage furnace with 2 stage ac installed last week . I’m just wondering how you know how high you can go on fan speeds before it freezes the coil. Would that be in the manual somewhere?
  5. Jrv

Continuously running the fan

Makes sense. Thank You
  6. Jrv

Continuously running the fan

I had a service tech out at my house yesterday working on my equipment and while talking to him one of the things he mentioned was that I should run my furnace fan maybe a half hour every hour to help evenly distribute the air throughout the house. I live in the north east where it is very humid...
  7. Jrv

Static Pressure Test

Having a new furnace/ac installed and just wondering how hard it is to do a static pressure test and if that is something a homeowner can do if the installer doesn't do it. Thanks
  8. Jrv

NCB240 PVC elbows

I forgot to mention it’s 2in PVC pipe and I am well within the length specs. Thanks
  9. Jrv

NCB240 PVC elbows

On the exterior intake/exhaust piping does it matter if long sweet or street 90s are used? Does one restrict airflow more than the other? Thanks
  10. Jrv

Cleaning Navien Vent Pipe

I’m getting ready to do my yearly maintenance on my Navion 240A And was just wondering if there is a suggested way of cleaning the vent pipe. I know the intake has that little screen but I was wondering what happens if flies or other insects go into the exhaust pipe, do they just get burned up...
  11. Jrv

Furnace Exhaust Vent

I had a new high efficiency furnace installed that vents out the side of my house via 3 in pvc. I’m in the snow belt so no screen was put on the termination cap. They said it could cause condensate to collect and freeze restricting air flow. In the summer months I’d like to put a screen cap on...
  12. Jrv

Navien 240A recirculating line

I’ll see if that works. Thank you
  13. Jrv

Sorry my bad. Tech support basically told my installer that I was getting things confused. They said you only need to change the P17 setting and install the check valve for the Navicirc. Its not needed for just a recirc line because the unit will sense the water degree change and automatically...
  14. Jrv

Just a follow up - my installer reluctantly came back out to the house and called Navien to ask about the shut off and check valve on the recirc line. Tech support said no check valve is needed, they mentioned I may be thinking of when a Navicirc is installed. There you do need the check valve...
  15. Jrv

So right now I have a line that goes from my Navien's recirculation connection to the kitchen sinks hot water line in my basement. There are no check valves or shut offs on this recirc line. I have no external check valve on the main cold line coming into to the unit. I called the installer...
  16. Jrv

He did take the cover off and I watched him turn the valve and change the dip switches. One thing he didn’t do that I saw mentioned in other threads was do the service menus thing with that P 17 setting, but that is not in any manual I have. As for the check valve, where should that be installed...
  17. Jrv

New guy here, first post . Had a Navien 240A installed a few months ago and hot water seems to take its time getting to the kitchen faucet. The switch is set to internal and dip 1 is on. A few days ago I called the plumber back and he came out and ran what appeared to be a second line going...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks