Search results

1. adityaag

Need Help To Identify this Old American Standard Valve Trim

Apologies for resurfacing an old thread. Curious to learn if you ever managed to replace the cartridge and find a replacement trim kit. I’m considering doing the same and curious if the cartridge needs to be replaced and then which trim kits does the new cartridge work with. I’m surprised to see...
  2. adityaag

Water softening system questions

Last, on the chlorine/chemical filtration, did you mean the softener could take care of it? My reason for not wanting a second backwashing tank is more from space usage really... my utility closets aren’t very large so I’m trying to not go crazy on equipment!
  3. adityaag

Thanks for the quick reply. In one house, the main is across an 8’ wide room or so. I’d likely run the PEX across the ceiling and down an 8’ high ceiling so total of probably 15’ each way of PEX with a single run the whole way. From what I hear 3/4” PEX would be a bad idea given the reduced...
  4. adityaag

I’ve got a few sets of questions about installing a new water softening system in my home. First, I’m trying to figure out what all I should be looking for in my water softening system. I’m on city water with 16 gpg of hardness with 2.5 baths in the house and 3/4” copper supply lines on the...
  5. adityaag

Where to buy Fleck or Clack water softener

I'm looking for info on where to buy a Fleck system from a reputable dealer as well. I'm ok with it being an internet dealer, but I've seen quite a few warnings against buying from folks who don't assemble their own products. I'm likely leaning towards a Fleck 5600SXT based system, but I'll...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks