Recent content by Zaaphod

1. Zaaphod

Solder fitting for 1/4" O.D copper tubing?

Thanks for the help with this! knowing what to search for is a big help. almost everywhere lists it as 1/8" fittings. most of the on-line places charge $10-$12 shipping and handling, Grainger has it 5P170 for 68 cents, and I do have a grainger account, but it's a bit of a drive so I called...
  2. Zaaphod

Do you think it would work with the high-temp solder normally used for refrigeration lines?
  3. Zaaphod

I'm installing a built in double oven in my kitchen with a steam assist feature, so it needs to be connected to a water line. The oven has a short piece of 1/4" O.D. tubing protruding from the back of it for this purpose. The instructions specify that the connection to the water supply remain...
  4. Zaaphod

Pipe expansion problem

Just a quick update on this for anyone else who may have had this kind of issue. I got a bit lucky with it, and solved the problem on my first try. I thought I would start by working on the easiest to fix areas first. My first choice was where the pipe went through a wall header, I decided...
  5. Zaaphod

Pipe expansion problem

I have worked with PVC before, but not any real long lengths, and most of it was pipe buried in the ground for sprinkler systems.. I didn't mean the holes provided support because they are so tight, but because I have a fitting and a coupler that won't fit through the hole holding up the...
  6. Zaaphod

Pipe expansion problem

I am building a new house, and I'm encountering a strange problem I did not expect to have.. It's a 2 story house with a 4" PVC drain / stack vent that runs vertically from the crawlspace all the way up through both first floor, second floor and through the roof. The first floor does not drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks