Recent content by YamahaYG68

1. YamahaYG68

Crane Wall Mount Carrier Issue Question

I spoke to a buddy today that owns a successful plumbing business, I asked him if it was his, what would do, answer; "I'd cut the wall and see if I could repair whatever is going on thither the wall/carrier" So now I just have to work up the ambition to cut into my dining room wall ;)
  2. YamahaYG68

Yeah, that's what I am hoping, some sort of effective repair would be preferable, for me, to some complete, new installation. Kinda like a game of chance ;) I am not keen on cutting the wall but is it likely the best option and the only way of knowing what is going on. I can do a nice job on...
  3. YamahaYG68

wjcandee Thanks The Crane toilet we have works great, the only concern I have is the noise from inside the wall when someone sits on it, and, I put a level on it and the upper right corner (when looking at the toilet) is out, the toilet has a few degrees lean forward. This and the cracked...
  4. YamahaYG68

Update, not a lot to report but I am getting help from a very accommodating & helpful tech, rep. at Wade. He is searching for old drawings of that this 50 year old unit might look like, which would be useful if I decide to cut into the wall to see what is going on, and hopefully correct it. He...
  5. YamahaYG68

That's good news (almost impossible to damage) since I would prefer not to replace everything, and yes, that one is loose. I have found some phone contacts for Wade and I will call them tomorrow about the noise and cracked plaster, hopefully they may be able to provide some suggestions. I will...
  6. YamahaYG68

Or, I could just read the lettering on the nut :rolleyes: Wade
  7. YamahaYG68

Would I be correct to assume just because the toilet is a Crane, that the carrier may have been from a different manufacturer?
  8. YamahaYG68

Terry Thanks, my wife doesn't like the noises, and, I was thinking ignoring it might be like ignoring a noise on the truck's drive train ;) We're due for a repaint anyway, so it might be worth cutting a bit of plaster and seeing if things could be tightened up. If I was to do that, do you...
  9. YamahaYG68

This is why I mentioned installing a conventional toilet would be a challenge;
  10. YamahaYG68

I have a question concerning our Crane wall mount toilet carrier. Hopefully the picture will help with describing my concerns (rather than a long story); This is the only cracking, the plaster around the other three attachments is fine. Toilet works fine. I am assuming noises etc. is not a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks