Recent content by Y2JDMBFAN

1. Y2JDMBFAN

Proper Hot Water Heater Re-circulation Line Piping Questions...

Thanks, any idea what the easiest / cheapest solution would be to cut those check valves out? They are flat up against the insulation / concrete. I was going to pick one of these up Friday, 4 sharkbite slip couplings, 4 sharkbite checkvalves and a couple ft of 1/2" pipe to use in between the...
  2. Y2JDMBFAN

So a bit of an update, I ended up doing the work myself. Plumbers wanted upwards of $400 to fix it + parts. Right now, I cut the re-circulation line that was going into the cold water inlet on the heater and capped it. Then I put a Lanig pump between that red spigot on the wall and the drain...
  3. Y2JDMBFAN

Everyone, thank you for your replies. I think the consensus is that the current piping of the re-circulation system is not correct. 1. I would like to keep the shutoff ball valves currently installed, I don't see this as an issue. Since they are already there, they wouldn't hurt anything. 2...
  4. Y2JDMBFAN

Thanks for the input, it is much appreciated. I should clarify a few things. 1. He didn't move the passive re-circulation lines. They were always connected to the cold water input on the previous water heater. The only thing he did was cut the old heater out right above the cold water input...
  5. Y2JDMBFAN

To keep a long story short, my water heater needed to be replaced with a new one for reasons unrelated to this problem. After it was installed we found that we weren't getting hot water in any of the bathrooms. Come to find out there were 4 passive re-circulation lines with home runs from each...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks