Recent content by wwimberley

1. W

thermal fluid hydronic baseboards

As I understand it the self contained thermal fluid hydronic baseboards are not more efficient than regular baseboards because 100% of the energy is converted to heat in both. Some folks think they are more effective because they can release heat for a longer period of time, even when off, due...
  2. W

rough in

shower valve lines I want to offset the shower head from the valve. In order to do that I need to re-route the supply lines and shower head riser. As far as pressure loss goes is there a noticeable difference between using 45 or 90 degree fittings? Thanks,
  3. W

rough in

As I understand it the circular plastic plate on the new Moen shower valve I have indicates the size of the hole I need in the cbu as well as the finish face placement. What's stumping me now is since I haven't chose the tile yet do I need to wait in order to know how much to add to the finsh...
  4. W

reducing flange

I got into a situation where I ended up buying a toilet flange from ******* that fits 'inside' 3" PVC. The waste opening of course is now reduced to approx. 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 inch and I'm wondering what code says. This all cam e to be from raising an existing floor and then trying to deal with the...