Recent content by WSS

1. WSS

Loud humming noise in pipes

Thank you, I will try that first. I guess the only thing that is confusing me is that I can reproduce the noise anytime simply by turning on a kitchen faucet, washing machine, any of the three toilets in the house, etc., and the noise immediately stops upon turning off the faucet, etc. In...
  2. WSS

Doesn't appear to be toilets. Took a closer look at the main shut off valve. It appears to be Hammond Gate Valve with soldered ends. "Hammond" appears on one side, and "200 WOG" appears on the other side. Are pressure reducing valve and shut off the same part or should I be looking for a...
  3. WSS

Whenever I turn on any water source in the house (shower, washer, flush toilet), there is a loud humming noise (like a foghorn) coming from the pipes. It is loudest right at the main shut off valve inside the house (which is in a closet). As soon as the water source is shut off, the noise...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks