Recent content by WorthFlorida

1. WorthFlorida

Which pvc glue should be used for underground DWV sch 40 pvc and vents?

https://www.oatey.com/product/search?s=Oatey Do not use all purpose, only use PVC cement. Inside a home, regular is fine, underground use medium or heavy duty. Since the ground can heave during winter months. When using purple primer, do not overload it. Too much primer the cement may not be...
  2. WorthFlorida

Irrigation Well Pump Issue - Buzzing / Wont Turn On

That's a hooky way. It's a jet pump and it's a 2 gallon expansion tank, not a pressure tank, but both are the same. The two gallon size allows the motor to shut off one time. Without it and the zone valve changes, the pressure will spIke's and the pressure switch will bounce a few times. The...
  3. WorthFlorida

Clearwater FL woman says condo clothes washer must drain into 3"

The 3" pipe is not the washer drain, that must be 2". When there are other drains, each fixture has a "fixture unit". When the total is five, the main stack, which all the fixtures drain into must a 3". Each fixture usually would be 2". Older builds could be 1.5". Cost is nearly impossible to...
  4. WorthFlorida

Do I need to sign up for Medicare when I turn 65?

Look up an insurance company in your state. Most will have weekly seminar on Medicare coverage. I have Florida Blue, a blue cross blue shield company. They have offices all over the state. They give great information and cost. Cost is determined by zip codes and can vary around the state. You...
  5. WorthFlorida

Question about reducing toilet flushing temperature change

What is meant by temperature fluctuations? Are you asking when a toilet is flushed, usually with no flow control, the hot water gets hotter at other fixtures such as the shower? The biggest drop in pressure is the washing machine, however, new ones do have some flow restrictions so it is not...
  6. WorthFlorida

California Faucets flow restrictor?

What model? Its spec sheet should give the flow rate usually at 60psi. Flow rate for some people is never enough. My brother, on a visit, removed the kitchen faucet spray head (pull down). At the very center of the head is about a 1/8" O ring used to restrict the flow. We saved the O ring. A...
  7. WorthFlorida

Want to upgrade from Hydrotek 1114 to Orbit B-hyve

I had a neighbor cut out the zone valve, tie it all together, He had a small canal behind his lot and installed a 2HP irrigation pump. Glad I was able to help.
  8. WorthFlorida

Multiple leaks uponor pex 2012 home

Where do the leaks actually occur? At the fittings, the compression rings, or anywhere along the pipe?
  9. WorthFlorida

Bathroom remodel: completely replace CPVC or Tee off of it

What pushes PEX is it's cheap, easy to install, fast installation time, easily coils up in the work truck. I'm sure there are a million homes with PEX without issues, so what recently changed?
  10. WorthFlorida

Odd residential tied-breaker setup for 120v branch circuits

I was replacing corroded outlets at my parents condo in Maui. Right on the ocean all things turn green from the salt air. I was getting a tickle from one outlet. It was a multiwire and the other circuit was on and the tickle was from the shared common. Fortunately only the microwave was on...
  11. WorthFlorida

Bathroom remodel: completely replace CPVC or Tee off of it

PEX will leak before CPVC ever does. Stay with CPVC. My home is 15 years old, all CPVC and no issues. You home with 27 year old CPVC and did you ever have any leaks? https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/multiple-leaks-uponor-pex-2012-home.107400/page-4#post-771289
  12. WorthFlorida

Deck mount faucet on free standing tub with no access panel

A picture would help or a model number. Several different ways. Free standing tubs are very large, you may run out of hot water as it fills. A slow fill may be necessary. https://images.signaturehardware.com/i/signaturehdwr/421586-Ryle-freestanding-tub-faucet-BN-Beauty10.jpg?w=1425&fmt=auto...
  13. WorthFlorida

Very strange short cycling

Thanks for the update. In the first post you wrote the tank was 22psi. Was it a typo? For a 30/50 the tank empty it should be 28psi. You mention the cut in was increased but it didn't help. Possibly the new foot valve is not closing and water is going back down the well shown by the pressure...
  14. WorthFlorida

Sewer smells in and around house

YouTube makes it impossible to copy anything for Copy Right protection. I took a screen shot So the video name can be searched on.
  15. WorthFlorida

Pressure washer won’t stay on

Always run the washer with running water, otherwise you do damage very fast. Without the wand connected, you'll be in low pressure mode, there is a bypass valve without any back pressure. Once there is enough back pressure the valve moves. You'll hear the difference. If the wand has multiple...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks