Recent content by Widgit Maker

1. Widgit Maker

Laughably bad soldering job (is this going to leak?)

A piece of aluminum foil folded about 4 times and stuck to the stud with a thumb tack (or nail) makes a nice heat shield to prevent scorching of the wood.
  2. Widgit Maker

Main valve leaking

Turn the lid around so that the RF device is at the meter end of the box.
  3. Widgit Maker

PLEASE HELP DOUBLE KITCHEN SINK CLOGGED

OK, if you are in a mobile home you should have access to the piping underneath. Estimate the distance and look for the reason the snake will not go any further. It is doubtful that the blockage is preventing the snake from going any further but it might. All turns should be "Y" or 45's but...
  4. Widgit Maker

Time to replace PRV?

In this case, yes. First we don't know if the leak is at a solder joint, which is unlikely. Second the handy man probably didn't create it. He would have had to heat the pipe, probably with Mapp gas and a large flame, for and hour or so, to weaken a joint 18 inches away. If he did...
  5. Widgit Maker

Time to replace PRV?

As a general statement that is true. However sometimes you get lucky.
  6. Widgit Maker

PLEASE HELP DOUBLE KITCHEN SINK CLOGGED

Rent the power snake. I have one of that type and it works well and is fairly easy to use. Ask for instructions or watch video. Remove the trap and the cable and head will easily pass thru the turns. Your use of boiling water to locate the blockage was a great idea. However you forgot one...
  7. Widgit Maker

Time to replace PRV?

Show a picture where the leak is. Seriously doubt the handy man could have caused a leak 18 inches away. A leaking solder joint of a PRV would have nothing to do with the life span of a PRV. If not leaking at solder joint then handyman certainly did not cause. If leaking at a solder joint...
  8. Widgit Maker

Where is water in ceiling come from?? Need HELP ASAP

Note. If the off set flange was creating a back up and causing water to come over the top of the flange then clinging to the outside of the piping, it would only do that up to the first joint. At the first joint it would fall to the ceiling below. To get over the hub of the fitting it would...
  9. Widgit Maker

Frankly no. You would have a stream of water flowing down the bottom of a 3' pipe about 1 to 1 1/2 inches high. If the leak is in the off set flange/elbow/pipe it will get fixed when replacing the off set flange. If it is in the elbow where the pipe turns down into the wall it won't. If...
  10. Widgit Maker

I ain't buying it. Should have done the bucket flush test. I suspect you have a leaking joint at the top or upper part of a pipe joint. That would only show up with a large volume of water (like dumping a couple gallons). I don't see any signs of purple primer on the joint between the off...
  11. Widgit Maker

Cannot remove Grohe single-lever faucet handle

Probably have to pry up with small screwdriver under the edge dome part. Note the exterior of part number 2 is a hex shape (for removing Part 2). The interior of part 2 does not appear to be threaded. Therefore logic says that dome chrome part is a press fit. Try slipping the point of a...
  12. Widgit Maker

Cannot remove Grohe single-lever faucet handle

Parts break down. May have to remove handle with the handle in the up position like the water is on.
  13. Widgit Maker

P-Trap, can I put this in like this?

If the vent pipe is above the bottom edge of the joist, put a street 45 where indicated, put a long street 90 in the 45 to go horizontal and put on your trap flat against the wall. Turn the elbow out of the trap to point to the drain. You will probably want the drain pipe tight up against the...
  14. Widgit Maker

P-Trap, can I put this in like this?

Suggestion Since this is a shower and this trap will remain exposed, you may want to use a trap with a clean out. Make removing hair that gets caught in the trap easier.
  15. Widgit Maker

At this point I think I would cut a 8" by 8" square hole in the ceiling directly below the toilet. Then you will be able to see what's going on. You can cover the hole with a plastic, spring loaded, access hole cover from Home Depot. About $12 and not unsightly. The depth of the flange can...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks