Recent content by Walter H.

1. Walter H.

Poor Original Design? Do I need a duct booster?

Dana, I appreciate all of your help but I feel all for naught. Long story short, nowhere are any of my duct runs on an exterior wall and all of my returns are run vertically in double 2 x 4 bays with no interior duct. All horizontal panned supply and returns are on run in 16" O.C. bays with no...
  2. Walter H.

None of the returns in the house are separated by doors. In the split level main floor, the lowest (underperforming) level has the 30" X 6" return GRATE in the base of the wall at the floor. This is a 24" tall wall that separates the split levels. From the basement I can see this same return...
  3. Walter H.

Dana, thanks again for your input. I'm going to re-examine the duct joints and seal properly. The house was built in 1981 and since then and prior to us purchasing it in 2006 the basement has been finished. The full height basement is 1/2 of the floor plan, the other half is assessable by the...
  4. Walter H.

Thanks for the quick reply! 1) All joints are tight. The duct work itself is uninsulated and I was wondering if heat absorption was occurring because of that. 2) There is a 30" x 6" return on a floor joist dedicated run, no restrictions. Only 1 - 90 turn back to unit 3) The two perimeter...
  5. Walter H.

Our split level main floor has poor air flow to one of the levels. This level has is ducted by a 9" dia duct positioned 1/2 way up the 30" vertical by 20" sq. plenum. At the top of this 30" vertical plenum are 2 - 8"x 18" ducts coming out the sides. One of these feeds the basement and the upper...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks