Recent content by Vegas_sparky

1. Vegas_sparky

A Half Bath Conversion

I didn't think we'd ever see moms shower. Its about time. LOL I'll give you credit for throwing it out to see, and pointing out the problems you had. I've built a lot of different things in my days, and bathrooms are by far the toughest to get right. Anyone(especially DIYers) that has built...
  2. Vegas_sparky

Floor drain in laundry room?

Okay fellas, I opened the floor, and cut into a 3" drain. I used a 3" x 2" Santee(?) rolled up at a 45°. Then a couple of 2" 22 1/2° ells to get it close to level. From there it hits a 2" x 1 1/2" Santee for a vent riser, and finishes with a 2" solvent P trap, riser, and Sioux Cheif general...
  3. Vegas_sparky

Wire Mesh in Shower Pre-pan?

Me personally, I appreciate what Erik, Roberto, and John share here because they're willing to think outside the box, innovate, and push their own boundaries. They do it with serious thought, not reckless abandon. It may be past the technical expertise of a typical DIYer, but it provides loads...
  4. Vegas_sparky

The beliefs you speak of are founded in experience. That is something you personally lack. Reading, and the controlled environment of a manufacturers workshop are NO substitute for dealing with field conditions which change on every project. Working through those projects, figuring out solutions...
  5. Vegas_sparky

Mortar bed under fiberglass whirlpool tub - How thick??

Probably the same tub I put in my daughters bathroom. Use the online/paper cut sheet for ledger elevations. Get those ledgers level in both planes. Take your time here, and get it right. Once the tub was in the alcove, I temporarily raised the drain end, and then attached the drain tailpiece...
  6. Vegas_sparky

You best run!Your trowel is no match for my scissors (unless I have dead batteries, then I'm toast)! Last I heard John had installed some modded thinset on top of some orange stuff. There was a bright flash, and this is all that's left. :D I don't believe it myself, but unless we hear from...
  7. Vegas_sparky

The best part of DIY is the fact you have no one to blame but yourself when it doesn't work out right. The 1/4" material at the drain is not thick enough by all the installation standards I've read about. Hey Erik, I run with scissors! Take that! :D
  8. Vegas_sparky

Small bathroom remodel..

I had a couple 6" cans, and trims hanging around. One was installed over the shower. Another is towards the entrance/vanity for general task lighting.
  9. Vegas_sparky

Unconventional Shower Arm Thread

Is the threaded portion in the pic part of the shower arm, or a fitting? I'd keep twisting on it harder. A better pipe wrench will get a better bite, and give you more leverage. Cut it and use an extractor if that fails. One of the pros would know better.
  10. Vegas_sparky

Washing machine lint trap

You never see what goes down the drain. LOL Right now my washer(old Maytag top load) dumps into a utility sink. Depending on what's being washed, a ridiculous amount of fiber gets caught up in the drain cross. Towels, and cotton floor mats seem to be the worst offenders during their first...
  11. Vegas_sparky

Thanks, HJ. :) You say IF its tied into the sanitary system. I could just as easily run a drain line, and dump it outside. It would only be potential gray water. Is that a legal option? I'm guessing a P trap wouldn't be required in that circumstance, as there is no threat of dangerous gasses...
  12. Vegas_sparky

Water softener ???

I had a big box store softener do that to me. I didn't get the salt out in time, it turned to a solid block, and ruined it. More water, and a corded DeWalt roto hammer couldn't save it.
  13. Vegas_sparky

New Sterling Accord tub/surround install

Was it as easy/hard as you thought it would be to install? How did the support underneath go? Looks like it all went together nice, and tight.
  14. Vegas_sparky

Working on renovating my upstairs laundry room. The same room holds a WH. Finished space is below. Before I tile the floor I'm considering adding a floor drain/sink, in the event there's a problem with one of the appliances/water supplies. I have a 3" main drain running under floor in the room...
  15. Vegas_sparky

Small bathroom remodel..

Well it's too late now, you grumpy fart. LOL Just cause I could do it, doesn't mean you could have. I'm a stubborn sum bitch! :D And, FWIW, I'll take the compliment on the rest of the room. Thanks, HJ. :)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks