Recent content by UrsinPhx

1. UrsinPhx

Bathroom remodel plumbing issues

I have a before photo still in my camera, unforntuately I didn't get an after shot. BF was in a bad mood and now the hole has been dry-walled. Another challenge is we have a 10 inch rough-in for the toilet and all the toilets we looked at have a 12 inch. I saw at Home Depot a toilet offset...
  2. UrsinPhx

Well, no animals are gathereing 2 by 2 yet.... ;-) My BF was able to sweat the connectiion to the left copper pipe, but the one on the right (cold) didn't hold up and started to leak. We stuck bread into the pipe and that worked great to stop the water flow while he sweated the connections but...
  3. UrsinPhx

Hi, HJ, Sea, King (Turd Puncher--funny!) My BF wants to weld the pipes but for some reason when we turn off our main water supply, water still streams out of the hot/cold copper pipe. We opened up all our faucets to relieve pressure, turned off the toilet tank water/water heater and it still...
  4. UrsinPhx

The cabinet is hard to describe... it has a nice empty back to it but at the bottom there is a shelf and under the shelf is a drawer. The only thing that is in the way is the part of the shelf and some of the back drawer space. Anyways, all this is moot becuase my boyfriend decided to raise the...
  5. UrsinPhx

Thanks Sea, I'm in Phoenix, AZ. Luckily the vanity has a bottom drawer that only stops halfway so we hopefullly won't have to cut into to that. The only thing I'm worried about is the wood brace in the back. I hope it is only decorative/cosmetic. The wood is pretty strong and not particle board. Urs
  6. UrsinPhx

Thanks Terry! We will probaby cut out a hole in our $300 vanity! What a greenhorn mistake. We should have measured the plumbing height first before vanity shopping. Urs
  7. UrsinPhx

Hi! My boyfriend and I are in the process of remodeling our guest bathroom. We bought a taller vanity because I'm 6 foot and hate bending over. The problem is that the vanity plumbing hole is higher than the existing plumbing. We either have to cut out a lower hole into our vanity to make room...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks