Recent content by uncleben

1. uncleben

Review my bathroom plumbing layout

The distance from where the sink joins the toilet to the sink vent its about 10 feet. I thought that 2" pipe can only be unvented for a max distance of 5'. So that's why I was thinking that since the tub to 4" stack distance was less than 5' I'd be ok. Is that only true when its not joining...
  2. uncleben

Could someone confirm that just changing the run from the sink to the junction with the tub from 1-1/2" to 2" is all I need to do? Thanks.
  3. uncleben

Wye within 6" above flood level?

(My problem was trying to stay below a medicine cabinet.)
  4. uncleben

Got it! So with just a simple change like I have below I'm good? Just so I understand, what is the rationale? What will the toilet do to the tub or vice versa? I didn't know the line from the sink would provide a benefit to the toilet/tub.
  5. uncleben

RE: Reach - There is nothing above the stack. The stack vents straight to the roof other than picking up the vent from the bathroom sink and the kitchen sink. The kitchen sink vent comes up through the north wall and will tie into the bathroom sink vent before heading up into the attic. I was...
  6. uncleben

I'd appreciate any input on the layout for the drain/vent plumbing in my bathroom ... its not too complicated, but I'd like to make sure its correct. Thanks. Neither the toilet or the tub will have a dedicated vent.
  7. uncleben

Thanks. So trying to understand 'okay'. If the Y is above the overflow level then the vent should be safe/dry. Code says there should be a 6" safety net?
  8. uncleben

Can a vent wye be installed below the 6" distance above the flood-level of the fixture? See attached for a sketch. I'm thinking this is not allowed. Appreciate your input. Ben