Recent content by Tubby

1. Tubby

Increasing the PSI: am I being too cautious?

In researching solutions for my residential spring-fed, submersible pump system (which I detailed here), I notice an almost universal recommendation to increase the water pressure. Having a current pressure range of 30-50psi, I certainly would be happy with 40-60psi (and even happier with the...
  2. Tubby

CSV considerations for my old system

Thanks for the info. The original PVC that exits the spring house is 320psi, so I assume it's the same all the way to the house. I do not know for a fact whether the pump has its own check valve. Here is a photo of the recently installed connection to the pump. I am looking at replacing the...
  3. Tubby

I didn't know that brass piece is a check valve. I guess it's redundant with the one in the pump. Not good to have them both, I gather. The 120 psi back pressure along the outside line would concern me, given that both times the PVC broke it was in the outside line (once near where it enters...
  4. Tubby

TLDR: I am interested in installing a CSV, and this has prompted me to take a closer look at my system. Apparently, I will need to increase my pressure setting to use a CSV; this I have concerns about, not knowing the possible consequences. Any insights are welcome. The components are old, but...
  5. Tubby

Should I get a spare pump now?

Newbie here. I have a 3-wire, 3/4-HP, 230-volt submersible pump that is dated 2002. It is mounted horizontally in about 2 feet of springwater. Although it's in a springhouse, various damage and PVC mishaps have occurred over the years, resulting in the intake of silty water and debris such as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks