Recent content by Tray

1. Tray

Boiler Pressure & T&P Relief Valve

well for one in Rochester, NY that's what is sold and second i have seen bad pressure reducing valves at the house with water pressure nearly 150psi. In that case the valve need to be replaced and water authority brought in, talk bout a real long cold day. So id rather be on the high side for...
  2. Tray

Pilot light is lit and stays lit but will not flame up to heat water

Sounds like you need a manometer to measure gas pressure. If you look closely on the gas valve there two ports with an allen wrench stud keeping them closed. one for inlet pressure and the other outlet pressure. inlet pressure could be between7-13in/wc and outlet on most water heater gas valves...
  3. Tray

Lochinvar Solution Temperature Settings

Is your boiler a high eff with an outdoor sensor. With some boilers, water temp and outdoor temp figure into where the boiler fires and if high is even need for efficiency. For the boiler, it maybe more eff to run on lo fire for 10min than on hi for 5-8min
  4. Tray

Luke warm water on cold mornings

Have you ever flushed the sediment in the tank that settles to the bottom. Overtime this builds up, acting like an insulator producing luke warm water till enough water is flowing through mixing together allowing for better heat transfer. But agree with above, its a ticking time bomb, its...
  5. Tray

Triangle Tube Prestige Boiler Problems, Solutions & Question

Seen this before, this noise is caused by an improper air to fuel mix. you will need screwdriver, co analyzer, and patience cause its in tight spot. Don't quote me on this but I believe number is around 9.8 but can be verified through triangle tube. And don't let them side track you with ignitor...
  6. Tray

Boiler Pressure & T&P Relief Valve

A little food for thought, if owning a boiler you should purchase a water pressure gauge that reads up to 200psi with 3/4" threads. With this you can verify water pressure in the boiler and see if press/temp gauge is correct, if the pressure reducing valve is working, and verify house pressure...
  7. Tray

Rotate exhaust vent on new propane boiler install?

Some manufactures require that the flue actually have a slight pitch down for condensation to run outside instead of back to boiler since non high eff equip have no drains. I would think vertical is proper, but either pipe term was twisted during assembly and never straightened, or there is a...
  8. Tray

problem with boiler

Most likely not tstat because you proved the switch. When tstat called for heat the boiler turned on. Prob with boilers is that there are mult parts functioning. Tstat could be fine but how bout the zone valves. what's the press/temp gauge read. you need to know water press when boiler is cold...
  9. Tray

Pilot light is lit and stays lit but will not flame up to heat water

did you remember to turn gas valve from pilot to on otherwise no gas feed to burners
  10. Tray

Trane A/C System Capacity Reduction

I see you've had plenty of responses, and yes all of your problems are resulting from improper sizing at all levels. Remember to have 5ton equipment you need house large enough plus properly sized ducts to accommodate this volume of air. A rough rule of thumb is 1ton of cooling per 1,000sq.ft of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks