Recent content by Tnkrer

1. Tnkrer

vibrating pipes - How to figure out root cause and fix it?

PRV - Pressure reducing Valve? Where is it located? Is it mine or does it belong to city? How do I confirm that I have bad PRV?
  2. Tnkrer

Leaky shower faucet, drain that doesn't shut off and improvement in shower control

Thanks Jim and Jimbo .. So I will not try to update the valve to separate control of volume of temperature .. The bathroom needs to be remodeled in a year or two and we will take that up at that time. (The shower is on the outer wall of the house .. So backside of the wall means working from...
  3. Tnkrer

vibrating pipes - How to figure out root cause and fix it?

When we flush or water the grass or start the washer .. the pipes vibrate. As long as water is flowing. When the washing stops or flush is done, vibrating stops. No vibration is heard for kitchen faucet, bathroom faucets, shower or even dishwasher. So when the water flow is above certain...
  4. Tnkrer

Leaky shower faucet, drain that doesn't shut off and improvement in shower control

I have had this shower that started leaking at the faucet recently. The drain does not close to fill up the tub either. Also the shower control has only volume and showerhead/faucet control. So 1. I want to take care of the leak 2. I want a control that has separate controls for temp and volume...
  5. Tnkrer

Installing second TOTO Drake .. Question about the flange

Not the rust on the flange .. but the rust on the waste pipe .. I suppose that is cast iron and will last a long time too. The flange is above the finished floor. However the inside of the flange, (the photo may be doesn't show it that well) it doesn't seem that the flange directly connects...
  6. Tnkrer

Installing second TOTO Drake .. Question about the flange

After the first install went OK and the toilet has been working great for a month, I am now installing second TOTO Drake. (this time eco Drake) When I had removed first toilet and seen the flange .. it had not looked like different videos /pictures that I had seen. I forgot to take a picture...
  7. Tnkrer

What to look for when the Drake II arrives before I start installation

Done! Installed the toilet on Saturday. Took about 2.5 hours (Removing old one and cleaning the flange took more than half the time). After about 20 flushes .. here is the verdict .. Pros 1. Very quick flush. seems strong too .. not noisy .. very quick refills 2. Comfortable height is more...
  8. Tnkrer

So I went to local plumbing supply store and bought the installation accessories. After buying noticed that the wax ring (proflow) they had did not have extra safety plastic sleeve that one of the johni-ring plus has. I am going to call them and check if they have such piece separately. Why do I...
  9. Tnkrer

Thanks Jim and Terry. I hope the shipment arrives nice and safe. The sticky at the top gives nice instructions and I watched a few youtube videos to get an idea of what I am getting into. I will report how the whole thing goes :)
  10. Tnkrer

Hi, Based on the reviews here, I have ordered Drake II with sanigloss (CST454CEFG). It should be delivered in a week. What should I look for when I accept the delivery? Before I start installation? (I don't yet know how they are going to deliver and if the delivery person will wait until I...
  11. Tnkrer

Installing PVC P-trap .. how to connect to metal pipe from wall (no threads)

all together now .. So now everything is dry fitted. Looks good .. I think I am done for the day. Tomorrow I will install the popup drain (with plumber's putty at the drain) cement all PVC pieces and tighten the coupling .. Point out any omissions .. give any suggestions .. I will do desanko...
  12. Tnkrer

Thanks Jim .. 5 minutes of soldering torch heated it enough to take the chrome out. And the house is not on fire (yet!) I am hoping that I did not burn something inside the wall while the flame strayed a bit. The HD guys told me to get 1-1/2" schedule 40 PVC trap. They didn't have 1-1/4"...
  13. Tnkrer

Thanks Jimbo .. Now I will have to figure out how to remove the soldering and if the trap arm will then come out easily .. Is that a doable job for a decent DIYer? Is soldering a new trap arm like copper pipe soldering? I assume this will be easier since the trap arm is over the copper pipe...
  14. Tnkrer

I didn't quite understand the pipe on the left and the right part .. but I got up close at the color change in the pipe and noticed that there is level difference when the brown changes to chrome. It seems like a chrome pipe is fitted over a copper pipe and soldered at the end. Here are couple...
  15. Tnkrer

A few days ago our pedestal sink started leaking, so yesterday I started looking around and noticed that the pipe going to the p-trap is leaking. While moving the pedestal, the minor shocks completely broke the pipes going to p-trap and going to the wall. so I went to Home depot and bought new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks