Recent content by Tim Schoenhals

1. Tim Schoenhals

Electrical panel- no ground

Yes, there is metal conduit that runs on the roof between the disconnect box and the panel. So would the grounding bushing need to go on the opening from the conduit from the disconnect panel? Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'm starting to understand what it needs. I think I also...
  2. Tim Schoenhals

After looking a little closer, the neutral bar and the bar that has the grounds on it are connected together through that black horizontal bar and both are isolated from the panel. There is continuity between the neutral and the box.... i guess because they are bonded at the main panel.
  3. Tim Schoenhals

The panel with one breaker is the main panel with the service entrance. Each leg is 120v and the one with the white stripe is neutral.
  4. Tim Schoenhals

I just changed the picture for something with better light and I moved that pull string.
  5. Tim Schoenhals

I just realized that it does look that way. That is actually a pull string that looped up there from another conduit. There are only the 3 large wires coming in there.
  6. Tim Schoenhals

Hello, I just moved my shop to a new location here in sunny North Hollywood CA and was looking over the electrical panel and noticed there is no ground wire coming in from the service entrance. There is a 200 amp main on the outside rear wall and that feeds the inside panel about 30 feet away...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks