Recent content by TheUniversalDave1

1. TheUniversalDave1

Toto discharge outlet looks obstructed

That lip helps initiate the siphon action that pulls the waste out.
  2. TheUniversalDave1

Can leaking toilet be saved?

What‽ A TOTO that's defective?
  3. TheUniversalDave1

Budget toilet choice (want a Toto! can't have one)

This looks to be exactly what you need. Cheap, standard height, excellent flush. You can't go wrong with a Class 5 Kohler Wellworth.
  4. TheUniversalDave1

My TOTO Experience

Or it could be the toilet.
  5. TheUniversalDave1

My TOTO Experience

The next time I clog a toilet, I'll be sure to get footage of it...
  6. TheUniversalDave1

My TOTO Experience

I'm being honest. I didn't put any paper towels or excessive toilet paper in there.
  7. TheUniversalDave1

My TOTO Experience

Today I had to go to the dentist's office, and while I was there, I had the misfortune of using a TOTO Drake. I was sitting in the waiting room when I got the urge, and I remembered that they have a TOTO Drake. So I was like "oh GREAT a TOTO, I sure hope it doesn't CLOG." Guess what? It CLOGGED...
  8. TheUniversalDave1

Toilet Flusher app for phone

When I was a kid, not only did I flush the toilet repeatedly, I took it apart, fixed it, broke it, and fixed it again. That's how I learned so much about toilets.
  9. TheUniversalDave1

Need a new toilet, Eco Drake?

Get a Kohler Cimmaron with Aquapiston. You won't regret it. If that is too expensive, the Wellworth with Class 5 is also an excellent choice. My personal experiences involving TOTO are not very good. I have had much fewer gripes with Kohlers.
  10. TheUniversalDave1

Kohler toilet K-4634-BA

Have you tried replacing the seal? It's super easy. All you have to do is rotate the top part of the canister (where the refill tube connects) Turn it counter clockwise and it will release. Now you have access to the red gasket on the bottom. These old gaskets are a defect. The yellow one is an...
  11. TheUniversalDave1

Toilet won't stay unclogged

Just turn off the valve below the toilet, flush it, and use a big sponge or something to get as much water out as you can. Loosen the bolts holding it to the floor, and lift it up. I'd get a bunch of newspaper to put on the floor to prevent wax from getting everywhere. Take the old toilet to...
  12. TheUniversalDave1

Toilet Replacement Suggestions

I'd recommend getting a Kohler Wellworth. The new ones have the Class 5 flush system, which is one of the best. And it's well within your price range.
  13. TheUniversalDave1

For comparison, here is a modern Kohler trapway.
  14. TheUniversalDave1

Kohler's redesign of the AquaPiston trapway?

I recorded this video at the Kohler Design Center. I like the new trapway.
  15. TheUniversalDave1

This is my 1989 Kohler Wellworth. If your trapway looks like this, then you should probably just replace it with a new Kohler Cimarron. In my bathtub testing, this generation Wellworth did very poorly. That sharp bend is absolutely not ideal for a trapway. And on top of that, these have an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks