Recent content by The harrymanimus

1. The harrymanimus

30A 120v emergency power transfer switch and panel setup

Ok, that sounds like the answer to #3 and my back feed question. So I'll be thinking about the thru-wall solution at the back of the house. Maybe I can put it inside a cabinet. If the cabinet has plumbing nearby, is that an issue? Other than being carful to not damage the plumbing?
  2. The harrymanimus

My main panel I think has breakers to the following, Garage Panel, AC, Oven, Cook Top, Spa Panel (unused) Questions: When using 120v 'generator', will I need to turn off all my 240v breakers on the main panel that do not connect to the garage 120v panel? If I don't do that, what will happen...
  3. The harrymanimus

Hi, I want *Emergency only* setup for my house to run off a LARGE li-thium ion device. This device provides a 30amp RV plug output (and 15amps outlets). 3600wh/3600watts/7200surge. The device is an Ecoflow Delta Pro (on kickstarter, not shipping yet) I want to run my furnace (gas/fan takes...
  4. The harrymanimus

Fleck 5600 meter not working, ok to manually regen?

Disassembled, inspected parts, nothing looked wrong with visible parts. Ordered $50 meter cap off ebay. Installed and have been monitoring it. Seems to be correctly counting the gallons down. So I'm going to call this fixed! I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all you regulars (especially...
  5. The harrymanimus

I only initiate the regen cycle, it completes by itself. The gears spin freely when turning the detatched cable. I’ll take it apart according to your instructions, and a video I’ve seen to inspect it. If the meter needs to be replaced, I’m not seeing one on Amazon. I do see one on ebay.
  6. The harrymanimus

Just now getting back to this after a month and a half. The winter storm hit me, then I had larger things to contend with. I’ve been doing manual re-gens this whole time. That has been working fine, keeping water soft. I may have been exagerating on the noise. Let’s say twice as loud. But...
  7. The harrymanimus

I should have mentioned some history. It is mechanical. I did a rebuild around 6 years ago (with the help of this forum pointing me to great vids!). Got it back to working like new. About a year ago the spark plug looking valve was replaced by service man due to valve in rebuild kit part...
  8. The harrymanimus

I noticed that my Fleck 5600 was about 3x as loud as usual, so I checked the water usage dial and over a day it did not move. I found a video or two on troubleshooting the meter, will do that when the weather warms up. My main question is, for now until I can fix it, is it ok to manually...
  9. The harrymanimus

Water near top of foundation behind dish washer

I *think* I'm good. The drywall doesn't come all the way down so I can see and poke at the wood behind it. Seems solid. Looks like the water found a path of least resistance that did not damage much. Only a little damp on the left corner where there is a small hole in the cabinet. Pointing...
  10. The harrymanimus

And the dishwasher is now fixed with the new part! I've ordered a diverter pan and a couple of water detection alarms, one for my HWHeater which I meant to do years ago. Related question. This weekend I'll pull the DW for damage assessment. I've never actually done that before. Some videos...
  11. The harrymanimus

Thanks for the extra info. It wasn’t super small. There was a 8 inch diameter puddle after about 3 minutes of running. Seemed to run toward the wall pretty good. For assessing damage, my cousin suggested cutting 2 holes in sheet rock, pointing a fan in one. Maybe some damp rid. When dried...
  12. The harrymanimus

If it has been occurring for a while I hope it has not done too much damage. Maybe it is a good thing that the water seemed to find its way out of foundation. I will probably try to install one of those water diverters under it now. This DW seems to have a design flaw.
  13. The harrymanimus

So it appears to be leaking from very near this rubber gasket that this guy replaces. This is the same kind of dishwasher, very similar. (Updated to a better video). Looks very easy to replace.
  14. The harrymanimus

Ok, here is where the water is visible (red arrow) dripping out. Exactly where is hard to tell.
  15. The harrymanimus

I see that it is the DW leaking while washing. I took video since it is hard to see. I'll pull some pics.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks