Recent content by TexasDIY

1. TexasDIY

Stuck Set Screw in Kohler Kitchen Sink

Best pic I could get - the backend of faucet is up against a backsplash.
  2. TexasDIY

Stuck Set Screw in Kohler Kitchen Sink

I'm trying to repair a leak in my kitchen faucet, but the set screw won't budge. I've sprayed Krud Kutter and WD in the hole - no luck. Any ideas?
  3. TexasDIY

Sound coming from inside shower stall wall

thank goodness you cleared that up - wouldld have never known otherwise :)
  4. TexasDIY

lol - or hobo in attic, dropping stuff between walls.
  5. TexasDIY

I *think* I found source: there's an outdoor spigot (on same wall as shower) that has a timer on it for garden...turned all water off (but not at street) and I could hear the intermittent noise clearly outside. Took off all attachments from spigot and water was leaking out!
  6. TexasDIY

Gotcha. Thanks for the first step to take.
  7. TexasDIY

It could be the a/c if I hear it coming from the shower stall?
  8. TexasDIY

Ooo, haven't tried that. Totally will know it's a leak then, if it stops. If it doesn't, back at square one!
  9. TexasDIY

There is a noise coming from inside the shower stall wall, by the pipe that brings water up to shower head. I can hear it easily, and when I place my ear against the tile, higher up towards the shower head, it soulds like its around that point. No visible leaking. It happens about once every...
  10. TexasDIY

Compression fitting removal tool?

Ohmygosh - we threw a hail mary with the linked pipe cutter. Cut just past the deformity and held our breath when placing new valve. It worked! We have water AND no need for a plumber. My FIL just passed in November and he was the one who insisted on fixing all the plumbing, so that we could...
  11. TexasDIY

Yeah...should have used a ring cutter. Any suggestions on what to use to cut pipe?
  12. TexasDIY

YEs, I think so. Where the old compression ring was, the pipe is indented about a 1/4" around. so it's thinner there.
  13. TexasDIY

We think the tool that pulled of the compression ring, made the pipe thinner at the point the new valve nut and ring attach. No water tonight - calling plumber in the morning. above our capabilities.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks