Recent content by Tessie

1. Tessie

Voltage at elements & other questions

Thanks very much for the reply. I was thinking one terminal would have 120 vac then the thermostat kicked on sending 120 to the other terminal. I ran hot water until it cam out cold then checked both elements for 240vac. Neither one shows 240. Next I adjusted the thermoset up by hand until I...
  2. Tessie

Water heater power drain?

Hi, My electric bill is double what it usually is this time of year. Nothing new and same routine. My question has to do with electric water heaters. Mine is a 240 vac double element. I read on an older post in this forum that "One terminal on each element will always have 120 vac as measured to...
  3. Tessie

Voltage at elements & other questions

"One terminal on each element will always have 120 vac as measured to ground." On mine each terminal on each element reads 120 vac. Is something wrong and should I replace the thermostats? My electric bill is double what it unusually is so i'm checking the water heater. Thanks for any help.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks