Recent content by Terrysii

1. Terrysii

Water Hammer At Pump Cycle Stop

None that I am aware of. Certainly none close to the pressure tank where I was observing it. Would it help to have one close to the pressure tank? The pump has worked without problems for the four or five years they have been in the place, but recently he pumped a substantial amount of water...
  2. Terrysii

Water Hammer At Pump Cycle Stop

My son-in-law's submersible pump has developed a loud hammer at the end of the pump cycle. The system also appears to be losing some pressure slowly (We've checked for leaks in the above-ground system). Suggestions?
  3. Terrysii

Sand Point

Thank you, again, for all your help. We'll give 'er another shot.
  4. Terrysii

Sand Point

I'm sorry to belabor the point, but let's just say for the moment that the joints are all tight and the point is in a water-bearing layer. When starting the pump for the first time, does it somehow create enough vacuum without any water in the pipe to bring water up from the ground? Second -...
  5. Terrysii

Sand Point

Success (Partial) Well, it was the weekend, when we can do this kind of work, so we forged ahead yesterday. We drove a new point - this is glacial till we're driving through, so not an easy job. Anyway, we got the point down 25', with standing water in the pipe at 15.5' below the ground...
  6. Terrysii

Sand Point

OK First attempt at driving a new point. We had about 16' of pipe in the ground when the pipe broke off at a coupling down about 9'. Pretty disheartening. What did we do wrong? We were driving vertically, tightening the pipe by turning clockwise about every three feet of movement. We had...
  7. Terrysii

Sand Point

Thanks for the prompt answer. In case we have to drive a new point, how do we know when to stop? Let's say that water appears in the new point at 20'. If we drive it down to 28', what's to say that we aren't out of the water bearing layer of sand? Also, if we go to 35' and put 30' of pipe...
  8. Terrysii

Sand Point

The pump burned out on my son's shallow well. We are going to replace it. We'll attempt to use the existing sand point, but before I begin, does the point have to have a second line inside of it with a foot valve, or will the new pump draw water just from the pipe that was used to pound the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks