Recent content by Tammy Jones

1. Tammy Jones

Pipe dope on main water lines?

@mliu The ID is 3/4" and the OD is 1". I like the idea of sanding down the female end of the the pipe to smoothen it out a bit. Is there a concern of getting some fine brass particles ( from sanding ) getting inside of the female end of pipe, and thus entering my water supply? I plan on just...
  2. Tammy Jones

@mliu @jadnashua Thanks again for the continued help One thing I'm having a hard time finding is the flat washer rubber gaskets. Most of the places online have flat gaskets, but they're almost all nylon. I've checked Home Depot as well, with the same results. The only rubber ones that I'm...
  3. Tammy Jones

@mliu Thank you for the advice and the clarification on the O-ring. The faucet came with the O-ring came with the faucet. It would be better to swap out this O-ring with a flat gasket with that said?
  4. Tammy Jones

I got some photos that should help. One of the problems that I'm having is that the rubber gasket is either too loose or too tight. This is due to this being an out-of-wall faucet. I either have to leave it a little loose or tighten it a full turn to get it pointing back down at the drain and...
  5. Tammy Jones

@Reach4 and @mliu Thank you for your response and insights. They're much appreciated! You don't understand how much this helps > What is the make and model of the faucet? I don't know the name of the make and model, but the faucet does have straight threads and uses a rubber gasket as the...
  6. Tammy Jones

I have a leaking faucet ( please see the pic below ). It's slow drip that only occurs when the water is turned on. The faucet shown in the picture screws into a brass housing which is located behind the wall. I've tried tightening it up and adding Teflon tape, but doing both have not fixed the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks