Recent content by Strick

1. S

Schrader vlalve on check valve

Thanks Yes, it only leaks when the pump is on. I was going totry to switch out the core first. That seems a lot easier.
  2. S

Thanks for the info, now I have a good idea how it all works. That would also explain the loud "gurgle" when the pressure tank fills since it is also filling with some air. Clears things up a bit. Now all I need to do is find a place to get the snifter valve and hope that the old one is not...
  3. S

Ok then, that sounds like real fun. The house is only 3.5 years old but we have only been here about 1.5 of them so I am still finding out things. I guess once the cold weather blows out I will just put a new schrader valve in the check valve. Is there anything else I need to do, recharge any...
  4. S

The tank is about 5' tall, metal with a bottom inlet and outlet. Half way up is a fitting with the pressure guage. At the top is another small fitting that is just a plug. In the middles of the top of the tank is plug. When I discoverd the problem I was on the way out and heard hissing from...
  5. S

No the schrader valve I am reffering to is on the check valve on the well line where it exits the well, not on the pressure tank. The system is working fine once I got it thawed other than some water coming out the schrader valve and making it pretty wet around the well since I am making sure...
  6. S

Thanks to the nice weather here in Katy and the Houston area I had a small problem with freezing. The well line is above ground where it comes out of the well head and from what I deduced was the check valve froze yesterday. I got it thawed out but now when the pump cycles on water shoots out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks