Recent content by Steven JP

1. Steven JP

Change in elevation when laying carpet

The stairs are all the same. About 7 3/8 rise. The bottom of the stairs is carpet. This is my attic I am finishing so there has never been any flooring.
  2. Steven JP

Change in elevation when laying carpet

I am putting carpet on this floor and running it down the whole stairs. Not a runner. What is the best way to make this transition so it is not a tripping hazard? Some people have said to build it up with carpet pad but I feel like that will be very squishy and still be a tripping hazard...
  3. Steven JP

Kennard Rough in rear outlet toilet

Yeah I'm not to worried about how it will fit the pipe coming out of the wall but I don't understand how the pipe is secured. A regular toilet has the flange that secures both the toilet and the drain pipe. With this toilet the drain pipe connects to the toilet but how is the drain pipe...
  4. Steven JP

I feel like the 3 inch pipe needs to be secured on the other side of the drywall. Thats my concern.
  5. Steven JP

Ok? These are reviews from websites.
  6. Steven JP

Can someone explain to me how to rough in a rear outlet toilet? The centerline of the outlet of the toilet is 7 inches off the floor. It seems pretty straightforward as to how it installs. The 3 inch pipe comes out of the wall and pretty much just attaches to it. My question is how do I rough...
  7. Steven JP

How should I plumb this?

Yeah been completed for over a year now and still good.
  8. Steven JP

How should I plumb this?

Yeah. Thats against code. I thought you could use that green glue. I should have used a rubber fitting but it is very solid. It's not going anywhere.
  9. Steven JP

How should I plumb this?

This is what I ended up doing. Works great. Just had to lower ceiling which was very easy since it was just a powder room.
  10. Steven JP

Electrical disconnect for mini split

I guess since there is no fuse it doesn't matter if I only need 30 amp. I guess it'd be like using 12 gauge wire on 15 amp circuit.
  11. Steven JP

I've found plenty of disconnects that are 60 amp. It is ok to go bigger?
  12. Steven JP

I believe I will go the umfused route. Seems like they are more expensive and not as available as there fusible counterparts. I usually shop at lowes. It doesn't look like they have any. I sincerely appreciate your help.
  13. Steven JP

One last question. I appreciate your help. I'm a little confused as to which disconnect box to use.
  14. Steven JP

So I guess I just run a piece of conduit through my crawlspace wall into the junction box, then screw the junction box into the exterior crawlspace wall.
  15. Steven JP

My box will be very low to the ground if I come out of my siding because I'm coming out of my crawlspace with wire. Unless I pull some drywall out or fish it through the wall up higher. I figure it will be easier to come out of crawlspace and route it up higher. Is this what I need.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks