Recent content by Spokaneman

1. Spokaneman

Need 3 new toilets

I bought two Totos from Terry and couldn't be happier. Installation of the Unifit adapter is a snap. I had another brand of LF toilets and they were a major pain. You do get what you pay for.
  2. Spokaneman

Toto advice

I have two Vespiins with the SaniGloss finish. They are great products and have not clogged in a year of use. But, I cannot see tht the SG finish is noticably better than a standard finish. I certainly would not pay extra to get it, knowing what I know now.
  3. Spokaneman

Toto Guinevere

I installed two Vespin unifits last winter and from my standpoint they are easier to install than a conventional toilet because you are not wrestling with the wax ring as you set the the entire toilet on the flange. I was a little worried that it would be hard to index the toilet outlet into...
  4. Spokaneman

Toto toilet dies!

I owned a couple of rental properties in my younger stupider days. From that experience I learned if there are kids around and you have a plumbing problem, they are the first suspect.
  5. Spokaneman

Toilet with a view

There is a little bar and resturant on Coeur d' Alene lake where the Urinals are below a one way window into the resturant. So while you are standing there taking care of bidness, you are looking out into the resturant. Very disquieting. Interestingly they don't have a similar setup in the...
  6. Spokaneman

Rough in opening about 9 inches>

Would it be possible to shorten a 10" Toto unifit adapter using a solvent weld slip coupler? That is a good one for Terry.
  7. Spokaneman

Subflooring Under Toilet Problem

But this is a relatively easy, though messy job for a DIYer. once you start digging the repairs required are pretty obvious. Just hope that the floor damage doesn't extend under other fixtures, or cabinets as that will require removing a lot more stuff, though still a pretty straight forward...
  8. Spokaneman

Toilet Clogged At Least Once Weekly

I concur with Jim D. My first generation 1.6 galloner, and my old 3.5 galloner would plug up regularly. I finally had enough and bought a couple of Toto's and haven't plunged in almost a year. If you follow this forum (I don't know why but I do), you will also see that all new 1.6ers are...
  9. Spokaneman

Time to Choose a Toilet Need Advice!

Seems to me that a toto with a 14" unifit adapter might be a good choice because the same toilet will fit 10 12 or 14 in rough with the adapter dealing with the different rough in space. Might make for a smaller footprint overall. They are a bit more $$ but well worth it IMO.
  10. Spokaneman

CEFIONTECT--anyone have toilets with this finish

I bought two Vespins with Sani Gloss. SG was one of my principal requirements as I hoped it would be be noticably easier to clean. I have not found that to be the case. It seems about the same as a non-SG finish in terms of collection of deposits and the removal thereof. This is not to...
  11. Spokaneman

Flange too tall?

I think I would consider using a plywood subfloor to make up the height difference. If removing the tiles causes that big of a gap with the flange, there must also be a height difference where the new floor meets whatever old floor is adjacent to the new floor. Sounds to me like 1/2 inch...
  12. Spokaneman

Aquia Dual Flush with only a 11" rough-in HELP

If by plastic trapway, you mean the "unifit" adapter, then you are in luck. Toto makes a 10", 12" and a 14", so I assume the 10" will work, though you will have a fairly large wall/tank gap. You should be able to find one on the Toto web site or any of the websites that sell thier products. I...
  13. Spokaneman

Drake Elongated ADA witih CEFIONTECT?

When I bought my TOTO Vespins, I specificly purchased that model because it came with SG finish and in almond color, both of which I wanted. I would have preferred a couple of other models of Totos, but that was the only one that had that combination. Being a bit of a student of marketing, I...
  14. Spokaneman

11" Rough In Toilet!!

I'd put money that it will. I would sure test fit it before I cut the floor. Probably when you pull the old toilet, you will find that the R/I is closer to 12" than your rough measure shows. Also, the R/I demension is to the wall board so if you measured to the baseboard, that would be...
  15. Spokaneman

11" Rough In Toilet!!

When I installed my Toto Vespins with the Unifit 12" adapter it seemed to me that it could be moved forward or back from the exact center of the flange by about 1/2 inch (each way) or so before tightening the bolts and securing the adapter to the floor. I remember this as I was thinking that I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks