Recent content by sirguynate

1. sirguynate

Frustrated Shower Drain Install

I installed a shower drain for a mud shower pan. Found it was out of level before I put in the deck mud for pre-slope. So I removed it and asked a friend, a plumber, and the dude at home depot for advice. (going on top of ply) Now, I am being told that "I am doing it wrong" The Plumber says...
  2. sirguynate

Bathroom Remodel Conundrum - Insulation for unconditioned space behind shower

If the existing polyethylene is serving as the only air barrier on the interior side (no wallboard?) the last thing you would want to do is to compromise it's air tightness. The framing behind the fiberglass shower has, from the floor up, 4 feet of sheet rock on the attic side. Above that there...
  3. sirguynate

Bathroom Remodel Conundrum - Insulation for unconditioned space behind shower

I just took apart my bathroom and am in the middle of a bathroom remodel. I removed my fiberglass shower and behind the shower was insulation behind a vapor barrier. My understanding that a vapor barrier behind a fiberglass shower is going to create a mold issue (vapor barrier behind vapor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks