Recent content by shorton

1. S

Inetrconnecting FireEX smoke detectors

I understand, thanks. Scott
  2. S

Inetrconnecting FireEX smoke detectors

Hi guys: I am finishing my basement and need to add some smoke detectors. Once complete, there will be 12 in the whole house, upstairs and in the basement. This s the maximum that can be interconnecetd. The original 7 are 10 years old so I have bought 12 new units of the same brand (hoping...
  3. S

Expansion Tanks: where/how do they fail?

You have that right! :D. Anyone who just turned off the valve and unscrewed the expansion tank would show a complete lack of understanding of how it works. And if they don't they shoudl have hired a pro anyway.
  4. S

The valve handle is 9' in the air, it is out of reach of accidential or curious shutoff. I'm confident I could get a PE stamp on it if I needed one. But that would be overkill to say the least. Now the tank is trivial to change. I have a pressure gauge co-located. Should the gauge fail or...
  5. S

Thanks guys. Jim, I do understand. And I understand the codes and advise perspective. I do appreciate the advise, but for this one I choose to add the $8 valve for future repair convenience. The reason I'd put a valve at the tank is this: 1) The best one I can find has a 6 year warranty...
  6. S

Thanks guys, don't care what the code says, I'm putting a valve in between it and the main line. To make it easy to change, and almost trivial to do a 2 year inspection on. Worst case it's not "there", and it's not there now either. Anyway, I know what it is and won't turn it off. Problem...
  7. S

Hi guys: I'm finishing the basement and along with that project, I finally got around to changing out the WH which I've had "issues" with over the years. The old one was junk from day 90 and now about at the end of it's 9 year warranty anyway. So instead of repairing it, I put in a new one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks