Recent content by shieldcracker

1. S

Who makes high quality supply lines for sinks/toilets?

I dont trust supply line flex hoses, including those with ss braids, I have seen this scenario play out many times. Soft copper tubing is the best option followed by PEX. I have never seen these two blowout.
  2. S

Single to Double vanity within cabinet

Center outlet tees can be had with or without baffles. If your tee has a baffle there is no need to replace it.
  3. S

What to do - 1934 Standard Bathtub faucet

Option 1 seems to be the less invasive. I would do it like this . Wire brush the joint then apply flux to threads, screw in your brass nipple into the faucet by hand to the point where it just begins to bind then proceed to apply solder at the threads. As an alternative you can use brass/bronze...
  4. S

How to diagnose plugged vent stack? Slow toilet...

I have seen two similar cases. American Standard bowl, it would flush somewhat slugishly some times better or worst. Check the toilet bowl level, check bowl and tank fill level, flapper valve action, cleaned all the rim jets and siphon jet was ok. The vent and drains had been previously...
  5. S

P-Trap & J-bends observations

Only you have really answered, with a single word and then followed with a paragraph unrelated to my question which is OK, I like all posts and points of view, they are interesting. Anyway I still hope to find supporting info as to why these two connections are available if the diferentiation of...
  6. S

You are correct LA, NY, WA... have these requirements but those connections are made at the trap arm/elbow outlet. The connections I am pointing out are on the J-bend. Evidently traps are manufactured to meet the particular requirements of a design spec and to meet code. What could possibly...
  7. S

Guys my OP is about the J-Bend outlet connections types, bead and ground joint, both types are available in plastic and metal J-bends.
  8. S

contactor confusion

About 30yrs ago mfg began to phase out 2 pole contactors in residential units with 1-1/2 pole contactos; ask the bean counters why. The 2 pole contactor is superior and since you all ready have a working unit with one installed I would replace it with the same type.
  9. S

So this is my first post and I would like to share some of my observations and questions on the matter. A P-trap is a combination of two elements a J-bend and a wall arm/elbow/bend. Every factory tubular J-bend (metal or plastic) I have ever seen has a slip joint connection at the inlet and a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks