Recent content by serge

1. serge

Zurn class action law suit. My sorry tale.

Failed copper pipe Well in Vancouver BC where almost all the new condos have PEX we didn't have a problem with the PEX failing. It was the CHEAP copper from China that failed in some large supply pipes and flooded the parking garage. Just goes to show that any cheaply made thing can fail...
  2. serge

Kitec class action lawsuit- 30,00 defective homes in las vegas

So far there haven't been any failures...... This is about the fittings not the pipe. See the thread above and this link from the homeowner website in the areas affected (from 12/2006): "Due to the unique quality of water in the area, chemical reactions may occur that cause these brass...
  3. serge

Is there a class action lawsuit against Kitec piping?

From the homeowner web site....12-2006 "Due to the unique quality of water in the area, chemical reactions may occur that cause these brass fittings to clog over time. In recent months, some homeowners in Sun City Anthem have reported decreased water flow in their homes, believed to have...
  4. serge

Terrible Pex-sky stories.... Living in the Pacific NW, I had heard about the supposed PEX issue with the Blueberry development. However, even in the article, they admit that the systems were basically hickedly-piggeldy mix of different pipes connections, water heaters etc. In Vancouver BC...
  5. serge

? this is really really odd..... :confused: I just called Cox&Sons plumbing in Las Vegas and they don't know anything about this lawsuit...... There some rotten fish around here.
  6. serge

? "Kitec is bankrupt" ? I don't understand. I thought that Kitec is going just fine? Is this about polybutylene? Serge
  7. serge

Replaced all galvanized except for.....

Hi there all: I've basically replaced all the galvanized in our house with PEX (Zurn & crimp fittings). All of it that is except for the last foot of stub out to the sinks and toilets (would require opening up the walls - I could reach the other stuff in the crawl space). Do you all think...
  8. serge

Shredded cabage in the basement bathroom...

Hey there: We have a basement bathroom below the kitchen. The other night the kitchen garbage disposal backed up briefly then cleared. Then, when I went downstairs, I saw that the bathroom looked like someone had vomited cabage all over!!!:eek: Clearly what had happened is that the sewer...
  9. serge

Porcelain bonnets on shower faucets

Escutcheons Those are porcelain escutcheons, and you can find a ton of those at salvage places (Earthwise in Seattle, etc). I redid my shower and broke on of those (dropped it) and found an exact replacement. Usually the way to remove them is to take the handle and metal off, slide a...
  10. serge

dielectric nipple versus union???

6" nipples I've heard that some code allows for a 6" brass nipple, but I can't seem to find much information on that and anything about whether that really corrects for the dielectric action??
  11. serge

nipples versus unions Boy, there sure is a lot of conflicting advise out there!!!!!:confused: It seems like most people recommend using some sort of dielectric juntion. There are these neat ones out there called "clearflow" that are rated for pretty high temps too. I'm tempted to use them...
  12. serge

Hi all! I'm trying to update some of the plumbing in my house (1922). Most of the galvanized pipe has been removed, but there's still a few pipes. Some are in very good shape (i.e. no rust at all, clean water coming out) and some have to go! Ideally, I'd like to replace all of them, but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks