Recent content by SeibelWerks

1. SeibelWerks

Sink Drain Connection Problem

I have looked at the drain piple closer and I am pretty sure it is lead. It appears that a chrome plated steel fitting was soldered in. There are burn marks around the hole. Now I know that solder won't bind to the chrome fitting but it does fits tight to it. It looks like I am I going to have...
  2. SeibelWerks

Sink Drain Connection Problem

I have an existing P trap extension that has rusted and broken at the connection to the cast iron drain. In the photo you can see that the cast iron drain pipe bends and goes right to drain. I believe a chrome drain adapter just like the new one illustrated was soldered to the cast iron. I need...
  3. SeibelWerks

Closet Flange Cast Iron - Condition

Installation Complete for 3 toilets Thanks to everyone's support, I completed the installation for 3 toilets. Attached are images of the toilet installation and the other closet flange conditions. All toilets are working well. The soft close seat is highly recommended. 2 of the 3 toilets had...
  4. SeibelWerks

It is Interesting that the flange wasn't screwed to the floor originally. I am guessing that I need to shim the flange at the anchor points to keep from stressing the connection. Any recommendations for drilling tile?
  5. SeibelWerks

I am installing a new Toto Aquia II toilet in a 50+ year old house. The sanitary lines are cast iron. Here is a picture of the existing flange which is brass with a leaded connection. Note that the flange sits above the tile by about 1/8" to 3/16". I would like to know the following: 1. Is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks