Recent content by SeaDave

1. SeaDave

CI Stack Question

Terry, Switching from my son’s second floor remodel to my own 1926 single story cottage with basement. There is 1 bedroom and bathroom on the main floor and a second bedroom/ bathroom / laundry in the basement. Currently remodeling the main floor bathroom, and replacing the supply and drain...
  2. SeaDave

Shower drain in 2x6 joists.

Thanks Terry. I have one more trouble spot I am trying to solve. In the downstairs bathroom below this, the toilet drain currently runs from flange to sanitary tee with a side 2” vent, (1’ long) through a 2x8 joist, then diagonals left and down to the main stack, crossing a future family room...
  3. SeaDave

Jim and Wayne, Thanks for the input. To clarify this is a custom pan, with a trench drain running parallel to a plumbing wall which is part of the new bathroom and runs down through the first floor and basement and is all open studs at present. There is a finished bathroom below the new one. I...
  4. SeaDave

Thanks Wayne, My son is a licensed structural engineer and has cleared passage through this joist as needed. If I put the trap in the joist bay, I don’t have the vertical clearance for a 2” trap which is code here for a shower. The top of the trap outlet is nearly 1” above the top of the joist...
  5. SeaDave

Terry, Thanks for the guidance you provide. Helping my son build a primary bedroom suite in his attic. It is engineered with 2x6 joists 8”oc for head height. Trying to fit a 2”shower drain trap in this space is challenging. I have a 2x6 plumbing wall, 1 joist away and would like to elbow into...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks