Recent content by Scott Walter

1. Scott Walter

Remove Air from system after Air Injection Iron Filter

This is the iron filter that I installed. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FVZHLC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  2. Scott Walter

So far I am happy to report the system appears to be working well. We are no longer getting the spurts of air at the kitchen faucet. It has only been a couple of days, so I will keep monitoring, but it appears to be a great solution and I am only out $50 for all the parts and mounting...
  3. Scott Walter

I promised I would post an update. I finally installed the loop tonight. I will know in a couple of days how effective it is.
  4. Scott Walter

I had to order some of the parts. My local hardware store didn't carry all the fittings I needed, so it will be a week or two before I get it built and installed. I will definitely let you know how it works. Was talking to a couple of friends that have similar issues, so if it solves the...
  5. Scott Walter

Thanks for the advice. I understand the difference and will ensure I have the right parts. Seems like an interesting solution that looks like it is worth a try. If it doesn't work out, I will add a tank. I will keep you posted on my progress.
  6. Scott Walter

That makes sense. I am not opposed to installing a tank, but I might try your idea first. I did find this tank for $200, so not crazy expensive. I assume a valve like that on top of the tank would work too. https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/020957-flotec-epoxy-lined-pressure-tank.html
  7. Scott Walter

Here is a picture of my current setup. Pre-Charged tank on the right, followed by the air injection system in black, and then the Culligan water softener. So the suggestion is to add a standard or Hydropnuematic tank to the system. Should that be installed between the air injection system and...
  8. Scott Walter

I am sorry. I was unclear. If I add as standard bladderless tank to the system after the air injection but before the softerner. The bladder tank would still be after the well pump. In the bladderless tank, would I need an air pocket above the water or could I put the air elimination valve...
  9. Scott Walter

Thanks for the replies. I have a couple of questions. First, my system is well pump into a bladder tank. From there I go through the Air Injection Iron filter (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FVZHLC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) then my water softener. From the...
  10. Scott Walter

I have a question. Is there a way to remove the extra air that is in the water after the air injection iron filter? The iron is much better in our house now, but the faucets spurt air now every time we use them. I was thinking of adding a retention tank with an air elimination valve at the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks