SAS's latest activity

• SAS
    SAS replied to the thread Water Pressure Question.
    I finished solving the last part of this problem today! If you go back to my original post, I started down this path because of water...
  • SAS
    I'm all set now, but I thought I would pass along a suggestion to anyone in the future who might run into the same problem with the...
    • PXL_20240217_205608570.jpg
  • SAS
    The purpose of the expansion tank is to change the water pressure in the system. Or perhaps a better way of putting it is to say that...
  • SAS
    I gave it some serious thought until I realized that the other side of the wall was the tiled wall of the bath/shower.
  • SAS
    Yes, the only potential fly in the ointment is if the bladder isn't 100% and starts allowing water to pass through. When I inflated the...
  • SAS
    That was my original plan, but if you look at the photo in one of the previous posts you'll see that there is no room to connect the...
  • SAS
    I did not have any fittings at hand, but I couldn't use a 90 degree fitting because that would put the tank in the doorway. So while I...
  • SAS
    Well, t turned out that it wasn't quite as easy as I had hoped. Here's what the installation looks like: There is less than 1 inch...
    • expansion tank.jpg
  • SAS
    Thanks. That makes sense and should be easy enough to do.
  • SAS
    What is the best/simplest way to depressurize the system so that I can check the pressure in the expansion tank? Just turn off the...
  • SAS
    I think that may be the issue. I've lowered the pressure to about 50 psi and I'm going to buy a gauge with a lazy hand to see if that...
  • SAS
    I was going to get another gauge, but I now have a more pressing issue. I just checked the gauges and they were both around 100 psi! I...
  • SAS
    I'm guessing that's 1/2 psi/foot? It's about 4 feet, so that would account for about 2 psi of the 7 psi difference. For now, I've set...
  • SAS
    So I've replaced the innards of the PRV and the everything seems to be working fine now. I do have one dilemma, however. The new gauge...
  • SAS
    Yes, the sillcock is definitely downstream of the PRV. In fact, even the meter is downstream of the PRV. There is a shutoff valve...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks