Recent content by Sarg

1. Sarg

Submersible pump question

Another new concept ......... I've never knew that you could get a submersible pump for a well 200 feet down that is a 120 volt.
  2. Sarg

Well cycling

I actually prefer the pressure switch with the on/off lever so I can control the pump while doing maintenance without walking to the breaker panel.
  3. Sarg

Water heater question

The interior "tank " is metal with a protective coating of ........ Glass Lined, Porcelain Enameled, Vitreous Enameled or Blue Silicon Enameled ........ I stand corrected by Reach4 If it doesn't immediately leak it should be functional. Dozens of YouTube videos of heater interiors. If that is an...
  4. Sarg

Trying to understand my well's water pressure

Time to hit "unwatch" and recognize sometimes it's not worth the effort.
  5. Sarg

Just a thought that rarely gets mentioned. You can't predict what "position" your system will be at when you use water .......... I have two systems both with CSVs. In my utility well the pressure tank has a 40-60 switch. The small tank may be static at 41 psi .... so when I use it to fill a...
  6. Sarg

Suggestion : Believe & follow advice given by Valveman. (Also just to mention ..... the 1/4 inch pipe nipple that connects your pressure switch to your system might be partially clogged with crap causing "irratic" operation. Just mentioning it because of personal experience.)
  7. Sarg

Water Damage - Source of Water?

( Yup ---- did it again )
  8. Sarg

Water Damage - Source of Water?

Wondering if related to a water heater T&P Relief valve.
  9. Sarg

Hot Water Heater Install

I would also suggest a remote thermometer for the area of concern. I worried for years about freezing pipes running heat tape all winter ............... only to find the area of concern never dropped below 40 degrees until it was below zero outside.
  10. Sarg

Want to replace water heater

I will always stay with electric. They are much easier to maintain. You can replace the elements... vacuum out the tank through the bottom element hole with a wet vac and also monitor your anode rod through the same hole.
  11. Sarg

Water heater drain valve drip

Here's my pick of the litter for an effective drain valve ... available at Amazon or Ebay.
  12. Sarg

Running my well pump for a week?

Reads like an excellent well and a perfect application for a cycle stop valve.
  13. Sarg

County suggested ball valve on new water service line?

I'm just a novice but prefer ball valves over compression or gate valves for any application. I also think your inspector is providing good advice ......... around here the curb valves require special tools.
  14. Sarg

Water supply slope

First answer is ...... if you have a need to drain your system to prevent freezing the answer would be Yes.... It would help. If not ... then NO.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks