Recent content by sapo

1. sapo

Tagaki TK2 keeps tripping the GFCI, help

Hi, Thank you. Just to clarify-am I checking the resistance through the unit? Isolate power into unit, ground meter and check one power wire then the other power wire. See what the resistance is and compare the two?
  2. sapo

Tagaki TK2 keeps tripping the GFCI, help

Hi, I have a TK2 about 11 years old with the 'remote' controller. Recently it has started tripping the GFCI I have it hardwired into. I have removed everything else from the circuit and replaced the GFCI. I have not made any recent changes and there is no obvious moisture in or around the...
  3. sapo

Tk-2 large water pressure drop

Thank you, excellent idea. I will try it and see what we get.
  4. sapo

I checked the output temp with a thermometer at the faucet. It is the correct temp. The new remote also verified the set point and output temp as being accurate. When the problem started back in october the incoming water temp was warmer than it is now, yet the output temp and gpm has remained...
  5. sapo

Hi, so i finally got the remote for my T-K2. It does not show any trouble codes :( Any one have any other suggestions? I was thinking it must be a non sensor issue since it gets no codes. Perhaps the control valve is acting on it's own. Any help would be great.
  6. sapo

I called tech support again, less helpfull than the first time. I guess it depends on the tech you get. Their suggestion, which makes sense, is to buy the remote control so i can read any error codes. So i guess this will be the next step. It makes sense that the control valve is functioning...
  7. sapo

Ok, the T-K2 has been descaled, the burner and flame sensor have been cleaned and the fan, heat exchange fins cleaned. No change. One the plus side it still works, just without the original water pressure. I am open to any further suggestions. Recap, happened overnight, full pressure when...
  8. sapo

Well, descaling did not correct the problem. I doubt it hurt any, but did not resolve my reduced water pressure issue. Next up i will be pulling the burner and cleaning it as per the instructions sent to me by takagi tech support. Lifespeed, the water temp is still set at 120ish degrees. Good...
  9. sapo

so I spoke with takagi tech support and they were very nice, never made me feel as though i were an idiot or incompetent in anyway. They weren't even bothered with the notion of me, a semi skilled homeowner, doing the work myself. They highly suggest my first step should be to descale and to...
  10. sapo

Dana, thank you. Even though i don't have an anti scald shower fixture i was wondering if perhaps there was something in the valve, except it doesn't do it if i shut the heater off and run the hot tap. The other fixtures don't show a pressure drop, but they don't put out the same volume as my...
  11. sapo

Thanks, the inside of the pipes are clear and we only have hard water part of the year. I installed the softner just to play it extra safe. I don't anticipate it being a scale problem. Especially since it happened in the span of time between my morning shower and my daughters evening shower...
  12. sapo

Thanks guys, the shower does not have an anti scald feature to it, thanks though. I was thinking i would try descaling it first, before diging into flow sensors or control valves. The consistancy of the water softener has been a little hit and miss over the 8 or so years i've had this heater...
  13. sapo

i have a TK-2 that has worked great for many years. Yesrerday i noticed that the hot water flow in the shower is about half normal. It will start with full pressure then drop to half in about 3-5 sec. The TK-2 continues to run, just with low water pressure output. When i turn the TK-2 off and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks