Recent content by RTL

1. R

keep pump running at high pressure with pressure switch

I have a PRV, but I'm not worried about protecting against the pump creating to much psi. My worries are dry run and the $255 seems expensive, but good product you have and worth the money I guess. The other problem as you stated is if the controller turns on the pump, but not the sprinkler...
  2. R

I've stated multiple times the pump will not create anymore psi than 56 regardless if water is being used or not and even with bypassing the pressure switch. Understand? No, I have tested the pump psi capabilities with the sprinklers on and it will not create more than 56 psi. I have even by...
  3. R

So your advice is to set the pressure switch higher than 56 so that the pump never shuts off regardless if I'm using water or not. LOL I've stated many times that the pressure switch can't be adjusted any higher or the pump will not shut off when I'm not using water.
  4. R

Why would you swap out the pressure switch? The 40/60 switch is set to kick out at 56 and that is what it does.
  5. R

Yes, while not using any water I've turned up the pressure switch (CW) to a point that the pump will not cut out and systematically backed off the setting (CCW) so that the pump will shut off. This is the maximum psi the pump can create and still shut off. 56 psi. 2nd While using the sprinklers...
  6. R

The pump not shutting off is what you want, if you are using water. Should we infer that this non-shut-off complaint is about when you are not any using water? I don't know how this can be so hard to understand. The pressure switch if set any higher than 56 and the pump will not shut off while...
  7. R

I'm being told a check valve can reduce the psi by 5 psi. I'm at ~56-7 with check valve installed after the pump so if I add 5 psi that would be the 63 the pump can produce with the 60 foot of head. Sound right? Mfg recommended check valve after the pump and I have no room to install before the...
  8. R

A few days ago I was able to adjust the psi up to 56 from the 52, but anything more and the pump will not shut off. The pressure with the sprinklers on is controlled by the pressure switch 36-56. The sprinkler valves are about 20 feet higher than the pump, would this have anything to do with...
  9. R

56 psi with sprinklers off. Pump specs say 75 max, but no idea why it only produces 56. Could be that the water supply is more than 10 feet.. no idea. I just need the pump to stay running while the sprinklers are on so the pump start relay piggy back seems to be the simplest way to solve the...
  10. R

This is exactly what I've been looking for on-line and couldn't find. My only concern would be supplying the pump with 2 sources of power at the same time. I would think that the pressure switch contacts would not close since the pump is running and producing psi.
  11. R

Considering the equipment I have it does not appear a CSV will work. My pressure switch is set to turn off the pump at its highest pressure of 56 and it cuts in around 36 which does not supply enough psi to run the sprinklers at the top of the hill. I'm losing 25 psi due to the head.
  12. R

Valveman "a CSV at 50 PSI cannot deliver 50 PSI unless the pump can make about 63 to 70 PSI at deadhead so a 35/55 pressure switch will work." My pump is currently making 56 maybe 57. I also thought that the CSV should work if it only allows 50 psi through
  13. R

Valveman is saying it won't work unless my pump can create 65 or more psi
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks