Recent content by RTAPlumbing

1. RTAPlumbing

Any risks to merging two 3/4" copper water supplies? (using T fitting)

i don't use copper on well lines. You can do that if you want...
  2. RTAPlumbing

Under Sink Plumbing All OK?

wow it is like you spent way to much money on something so simple.
  3. RTAPlumbing

Leak on sink tail

apply pipe dope on both sides of the the rubber and a little on the threads. make sure you are putting the friction ring against the nut. Make sure you have plenty of plumbers putty on the strainer itself where the chrome or metal meets the porcelain. Don't put any plumbers putty on the...
  4. RTAPlumbing

Frozen leaking water hose valve outside - what to do?

Replace with anti-freeze hose bib if at all possible.
  5. RTAPlumbing

SharkBite slip coupling

I don't trust sharkbite fittings. I haven't heard anything bad about them yet. But then again we don't use them. I guess I am just ''old school''. Good luck to you.
  6. RTAPlumbing

D-W-V Pipe sizing

I agree with hj I am under the ipc here in Georgia and it is a joke and this is one of the reasons. You are allowed to run a major by a minor, but I hear stories of that not working properly. Stick to the old code it is definitely better in this situation.
  7. RTAPlumbing

Need to run an interior gas line...

Leave it up to the pro's you don't want to burn your house down.
  8. RTAPlumbing

pedestal sinks

i hate it for you. If you could upload a photo we could possibly tell more of what could have happened.
  9. RTAPlumbing

drain pipe layout basement sink help

IPC says the stack has to be 3'' for washing machine. 2'' Standpipe. Not sure what code you are under.
  10. RTAPlumbing

backwards faucet?

is there any logo on the front of the faucet. Usually it will have a brand name on the front.
  11. RTAPlumbing

what's fair?

It sounds to me like he was uncertain the the drain was cleaned before he left. Sounds like a bad job. Sorry to hear that, but I think everyone is right you would probably have to pay again. Maybe find a different guy. He did give you a good price but I guess you get what you pay for with him.
  12. RTAPlumbing

Knocking noise at water meter when washing machine is filling

if it's not the pipes in the wall that it might be some trash in your meter. Maybe call the city and tell them the problem and see if they can replace your meter.
  13. RTAPlumbing

Master shower water does not heat up

if it is a single handle it is probably just anti anti scald valve or anti scald in the handle which can be adjusted. What is the brand and how many handle shower valve is it?
  14. RTAPlumbing

water heater in a pit

i would definitely have to find some short of shorter tank. I always try to put them up on some sort of a stand if ever in a basement or crawlspace for flooding reason. You could go tankless. Other than that and a shorter tank no suggestions sorry man I have never seen that.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks