Recent content by Rsaybe

1. Rsaybe

Drain Box Outlet Layout..

Thanks for confirming that. The rest of the plumbing layout looks acceptable?
  2. Rsaybe

That is true, with this current setup the stud will need to be moved over to accommodate the three individual boxes and still have the trim rings fit right. I don't mind so much having to do that. It's fairly simple. The entire wall is open with no sheetrock yet. I have full access. I do have...
  3. Rsaybe

Wanted to show another photo with the suggested layout. Will need to move that center stud over 2" to accommodate the three drain outlets in the left bay making the right bay a bit smaller at only 12" spacing. I'm thinking of running the water lines from above and around into the box as...
  4. Rsaybe

I have never heard of the trap weir. I did find an image showing were this trap weir is. I took a measurement using my p-trap at that given trap weir location, and with a minimum of 6" from the floor this would put the bottom of the trap sitting on top of the sill plate. Perhaps that's...
  5. Rsaybe

Yes indeed. Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. ;) Trying to explain that would have taken me paragraphs.
  6. Rsaybe

Alright, got it. Thank you so much. I have one more question. Would like to verify this, I have heard about the setup needing to be a minimum of 6" from the floor. Is this refeering to the stand pipe, p-trap or the center of the 20" pipe I have coming off the p-trap going to the left towards...
  7. Rsaybe

Right, 2x2x1-1/2" combo. Thanks for that. Will go that route. I have no way to avoid crossing over and past the vent pipe as the water lines will be coming from the left side. However I could run the water lines over to the washer box outlets from above the drain boxes after the vent pipe...
  8. Rsaybe

Hi Wayne, thanks for the inspection. :) About the tee on it's back which I have for the vent takeoff, Is this what your saying I should use instead? A wye and 45 degree elbow combo? My water supplies are all coming from the left side of that wall. The water heater, softener are all on...
  9. Rsaybe

I like to make sure I'm installing these drain lines correctly. I'm including a rough photo basically showing how I planned to put this all together. Does this look correct? I'm using 2" DSW drain pipes. Studs are a bit on the tight side at 14" so I laid this out while allowing me to have...
  10. Rsaybe

Need Help Installing Water Softener Drain

Yes, I think your correct in saying "over thinking this". Heh. That seems to be the approach I use on everything lately. Gez, this tends to make a simple project take longer than preferred. But the end results are usually pleasing, satisfying and made to stand the test of time. :) I just...
  11. Rsaybe

Got it, thanks for that. Although I already have that Moen water leak detector which I plan to use for this setup. I own three of them and only using one at the moment. The nice thing about the Moen detectors is that they have an app you download to your phone and receive all notifications. The...
  12. Rsaybe

That's awesome of you to have emailed the manufacturer. I suppose their response was to be expected since they also mention that on their product brochure online. Interestingly the Wayne EEAUP250 1/4 HP Submersible Utility Pump doesn't mention this as being a temporary solution type of device...
  13. Rsaybe

My apologies, I must have misunderstood what your trying to say. When you mentioned "alarm unit" the only thing that came to mind was the smart water leak detectors which are made by Moen. What were you referring to when you mentioned "alarm unit"? The pump which I plan to place inside the 2...
  14. Rsaybe

I did see where the manual mentions the Basement Watchdog Automatic Utility Pump should not be "installed as a permanent fixture or sump pump". However, when checking over the manual for the Wayne EEAUP250, there is no mention about not using this unit as a permanent fixture. Amazon also...
  15. Rsaybe

Separating the electrode sensor from the bottom of the moen smart water detector? If this is what your saying, this is not a simple option as the sensors are soldered onto the pcb board. And the pcb board appears to be solidly glued into plastic enclosure. Trying to pry up the pcb board may...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks